Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 07:30 AM

885 posts, read 1,167,765 times

Advertisements

I don't know why because she never told me, but my daughter won't have any contact with me and won't let me see my granddaughters. She use to at least send me things on<snip>social media and send me school photos, but now she doesn't do that anymore. She lives in Florida, I'm in NY. My sister lives near her in Fla but we haven't spoken in 30 yrs (she testified against me in divorce court so I lost custody of my kids- I think she was having an affair with my husband tho I couldn't prove it. He's still her "faaavorite brother in law.") I think she has influenced my daughter a lot. She has more money than I do and is always taking them on trips and out to dinner, which I can't do. I'll occasionally send a greetings to my daughter, like for Christmas or Mother's Day, but get nothing back. I sent birthday cards to my granddaughters with a check but she must have thrown them away because the checks were never cashed. I'm just so upset.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 05-03-2016 at 02:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2016, 07:31 AM

22,599 posts, read 47,698,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrykaren View Post
I don't know why because she never told me
She said nothing when you asked her?

Old 05-03-2016, 07:36 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,258,616 times
You should call her and ask her what you have done to hurt her feelings.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:41 AM

5,624 posts, read 6,848,328 times
There are 2 sides to every story.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:43 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
There are 2 sides to every story.
Yep. It's a shame we don't have the daughter's side.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:43 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,013,634 times
Difficult situation OP. After your daughter grown up did you try to refresh mother daughter relationship? That is needed OP. I think just give her call and ask is everything okay. Don't assume things OP that hurts you lot.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:42 AM

142 posts, read 179,143 times
Cool Hmmmm

What's the rest of the story? Someone testifying against you in a case that make where you lose custody of your children, seems to indicate that the testimony was truthful and bad enough for the outcome.

Is the root issue related to why you lost custody of your children?

Where is your ex-husband in all of this? I'm assuming that, as the custodial parent, he raised the kids himself.

What need more details if you really want help.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:20 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,910,434 times
This needs a lot more detail. I have a feeling there's a lot more to the story than what we have heard here.

How old were the daughters when you lost custody of them?
What was the reasoning for losing custody?
Were you allowed to see them at all? If you were allowed to see them was it only under supervision?
What was your daughter's response when you asked her why she no longer wanted to have contact with you?

Old 05-03-2016, 10:36 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
I never told my mother why I never wanted any contact with her when I disappeared from her life. There was no need. She knew why and never tried to make amends or have further contact.

I invited her to our wedding and she never showed up. No surprise there. I was glad she didn't. John met her only once and I don't know why I bothered then.

She was terminally ill with cancer about three years after the last time I spoke to her. She asked me to come, and out of respect I did. That was the second and final time John saw her. I don't know why she bothered because we had nothing to say to each other and it was awkward.

She was transferred to the big box hospital I worked for and died while I was working. I honestly felt relief that she was out of my life for good.

I'm sorry countrykaren but we usually reap what we sew in relationships. You and only you know why you lost custody and why your own sister took some one else's side.

These estrangements are very difficult to repair if not impossible like it was between my mother and I. I certainly didn't need a card for my birthday or any other feeble attempt for her to undo the abuse I suffered from her for years. What I needed and wanted was space. Just as that seems to be what your daughter needs and wants from you. Respect it.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:39 AM

18,403 posts, read 19,031,744 times
the OP knows why, the best thing you can do is to acknowledge what you did in the past, make amends and hope you can start fresh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships