Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 12:39 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,864,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So you realized her plan which she told you down to a T was a criminal act and you did absolutely nothing. You didn't alert the police, or contact child services or try to discourage her and find help or even tell a single person? Well I guess it makes sense that you are feeling some guilt albeit belated.

I am very surprised that your former friend was not prosecuted when it was found out what she did. I'm also surprised it was not on the national news. Something like that would surly have been big news especially 15 years ago. imagine the child was adopted after that so I don't know how you think you would ever find this girl and even if you did its none of your business what her life is like. I would bet better than if she had not been as obviously your former friend was in no place to raise the child herself. If you wanted to help you would have done so when your friend was in a crisis.
It wouldn't be on the National news, but definitely the local.

OP, I find it implausible that you now "care" about the child. I can understand being curious and wondering. But "caring" is just stretching it, especially given your condemnation of your former friend. I don't understand why you can't appreciate the hardship that the teenaged friend was going through and the life she had prior to the baby. I find it very nasty that your mother looked down your friend for her home situation, which she had no control over. I'm willing to bet she, like other impoverished teenaged mothers, thought "Finally, somebody to love me." I'm glad she finally realized she couldn't and tried to do right by the child (even if she did it improperly, but the heart was in the right place). I'm also glad it sounds like she's gotten her life somewhat together; An ER nurse, wow, good for her.

As far as we know, the young child may have some contact with her biological mother. Or maybe she doesn't know she's adopted and that's the way the adopted parents want to keep for now. There's so many ways that Life would turn out for the girl, hopefully it's good. But yes, please do not hunt the girl down just to talk to her because that's just creepy.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:12 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
It was not on the news because it very likely did not happen.
yep. thats what I'm thinking.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:14 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
It wouldn't be on the National news, but definitely the local.
I did a google search and there was a story of this happening in the UK as well as a few cases in the US but nothing matching the information from the OP. Perhaps the OP is confused or borrowed the story of a fan who left a child on Dolly Pardons doorstep.

Old 07-01-2016, 10:15 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times

Without a link or two in the op for verification of contentious topics it eventually becomes very hard to carry on an informative conversation and often turns into sidebars and off topic posts as this thread has veered off in that direction

Thread is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.