Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 09:00 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,181,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
Because of their negative energy I did not enjoy my time like I normally do. It wasn't until I arrived home that I found out why everyone was acting like they didn't want to be there from my mother.
Do you think they control the energy they give off? Do you think they did it on purpose to **** you off? So don't go next time? Why dwell on it and make it a big deal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 09:08 AM

1,193 posts, read 1,026,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
So, your mother, aunt and other cousin are feeling hurt at being regularly snubbed by your cousin and this resulted in an awkward get together where your cousin didn't do anything to try to make things right.

Now you intend to snub your mother, aunt and other cousin too for the rest of the year to hurt them as well because you didn't enjoy your evening?

If you cared for these people, why would you want to hurt them?

Because they hurt me by not wanting to go on a family trip next saturday which I had planned for and put money aside for the last 4 weeks. The dinner conversation was supposed to be about where we wanted to go next saturday and when everyone started saying they didn't want to go anywhere it shocked the hell out of me. So since they didn't want to get together in August and have fun as a family why they am I going to leave my apt on a cold Thanksgiving day to sit around them and get the same feeling I had last night?

Old 08-21-2016, 09:10 AM

4,053 posts, read 8,257,773 times
Quote:
Because they hurt me by not wanting to go on a family trip next saturday which I had planned for and put money aside for the last 4 weeks. The dinner conversation was supposed to be about where we wanted to go next saturday and when everyone started saying they didn't want to go anywhere it shocked the hell out of me. So since they didn't want to get together in August and have fun as a family why they am I going to leave my apt on a cold Thanksgiving day to sit around them and get the same feeling I had last night?
Is this what the thread is really about?

Old 08-21-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Do you think they control the energy they give off? Do you think they did it on purpose to **** you off? So don't go next time? Why dwell on it and make it a big deal?
No they didn't do it on purpose to make me mad but it still made me mad because I had no clue what was going on. That is not the type of outing I like being apart of and it ruined the entire the entire evening.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
Is this what the thread is really about?
The thread is about my family not being upbeat and positive during dinner last night and deciding not to go on a family trip next saturday which we talked about all summer. So since that is the case why the hell do I want to see them the rest of this year? If you don't want to get together in August then why get together for Thanksgiving or Christmas?

Old 08-21-2016, 09:25 AM

2,181 posts, read 1,629,533 times
Quote:
I tried explaining to my mom that texting is not email and she needs to stop sending those celebrity birthdays in a text message. It just gives off the vibe that she is bored and has nothing to do so she sends stuff like that. And she is retired now so that is a big reason why she sends text like that and gets mad when she doesn't get a response. I told her she didn't act like this 15 years ago about hearing back from family maybe because she was younger.
OK this may change what I originally thought. So, you mom is sending texts that are junk? That's annoying so I understand why that doesn't get a response, but explain why there are a group of people upset at this cousin. I would bet it isn't likely that all of them just send out junk all the time.

In most cases contact deserves an answer. Especially from older relatives. Make allowances for older people. For example, my mom is in her eighties and doesn't text. I accept that and out of respect I call her every single time. Ignoring older people all the time is inexcusable and rude. Answer personal messages(not junk) from everyone no matter what form they are in. That is common courtesy.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
so, not about "vibes" like you said in your op?

Quote:
No they didn't do it on purpose to make me mad but it still made me mad because I had no clue what was going on. That is not the type of outing I like being apart of and it ruined the entire the entire evening.
Life is rough. Get over it.

Quote:
The thread is about my family not being upbeat and positive during dinner last night and deciding not to go on a family trip next saturday which we talked about all summer. So since that is the case why the hell do I want to see them the rest of this year? If you don't want to get together in August then why get together for Thanksgiving or Christmas?
Why didn't you say that earlier?

Why are you letting one sub-par evening in August ruin the rest of your year? That's your issue, not theirs.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
so, not about "vibes" like you said in your op?

Life is rough. Get over it.

Why didn't you say that earlier?

Why are you letting one sub-par evening in August ruin the rest of your year? That's your issue, not theirs.

I want to avoid being around negativity in the future and after last night I need to be away from them for a while.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:37 AM

Quote:
I want to avoid being around negativity in the future and after last night I need to be away from them for a while.
OK. So do that. What do you want from us?

Old 08-21-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
OK. So do that. What do you want from us?
This is a forum for family discussion and if this topic doesn't interest you then read a different one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships