Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 09:53 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times

Advertisements

Got called the r word, n word, f word on almost a daily basis by the same kids who thought a black kid in special education had no business at their school or even existing. That kept me up at nights for years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2016, 09:57 AM

3,137 posts, read 2,708,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Got called the r word, n word, f word on almost a daily basis by the same kids who thought a black kid in special education had no business at their school or even existing. That kept me up at nights for years.
That is just awful. I do find that some kids believe certain others don't "belong" at "their" school and I think it is an attitude that needs to be addressed in our schools. The school belongs to EVERYONE who can legally attend it. At my old school, the rich kids wanted to kick the poor kids out. Same attitude.

Old 11-02-2016, 10:09 AM

4,413 posts, read 3,473,679 times
I was bullied a lot in elementary school. I was a skinny kid and actually teased for that. Then when I hit puberty I was bullied for having larger boobs than the other girls. It was hell but I survived.

Old 11-02-2016, 11:54 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,976,514 times
Being bullied in Grade 7/8 was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. It culminated in me being tipped upside down in a burning barrel (not burning at the time, mind you). It woke me up to the fact that I just might have been what they called me - a stuck up snob from the big city. I came down a few notches after that and the girls who did that soon became my best friends. It was a good learning experience and one I never forgot. They did me a big favour even if that was not what they were trying to do.

But, was I affected for the rest of my life by the catcalls and remarks from people like grown construction workers (all adults) when I 'developed early and developed more than most' - you bet! I have had a poor body image forever (and it definitely affected what I thought I was being chased for when it came to men) because of that - but it was not my peers or kids who were responsible for it all.

Old 11-02-2016, 12:20 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,708,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aery11 View Post
Being bullied in Grade 7/8 was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. It culminated in me being tipped upside down in a burning barrel (not burning at the time, mind you). It woke me up to the fact that I just might have been what they called me - a stuck up snob from the big city. I came down a few notches after that and the girls who did that soon became my best friends. It was a good learning experience and one I never forgot. They did me a big favour even if that was not what they were trying to do.

Actually, putting a child upside down in a barrel is a criminal act. It is not "okay" to do this to anyone, ever, under any circumstances. And bullying is not a learning experience or a rite of passage, either, regardless of how you personally feel about it, and we don't need to be spreading this idea around that it's okay for kids to do these things. If someone did this to my kid I'd be calling both the police and a very good lawyer.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:12 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,908,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I pretty much went through the exact same. I was super tall, very skinny, and already insecure and I had no boobs and no butt.

I got laughed at by guys. At school. At the club. One night stands. Pool areas. I was modeling when I was older and even there people laughed and made mean comments. "Why are you wearing a bikini top, there is nothing underneath, hahahaha"

No offense to the other poster, but I would have traded for overly large breasts any day.
It's a shame that girls don't seem to ever get told how many boys actually prefer girls with small breasts.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:23 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
I was 5'6" in the 4th grade & 5'10" by the 7th grade!

"How's the weather up there?" or "Are you an Amazon?"

My parents became Vegans in the 70's, before the term "Vegan" even existed.

"Eeeewwww ... what is THAT (regarding the tofu & seaweed sandwiches in my lunchbox)?

Mother is first generation American born Greek & used to hand-sew alot of my clothes. I had very long hair worn in 2 tight braids.

"Are you in some kind of CULT or something?"

I was born in Japan.

"You don't LOOK Japanese!"

I look, nor act, ANYTHING like my entire family.

"Your adopted; aren't you!"

Wore a size 36C bra by the 5th grade.

"Hey ... lift up your arms! Now; JUMP!"

Once (OK; more than once) starting in about the 8th grade I would overhear a girl whisper "SL*T" when I walked by. Every time it would make me start laughing (Don't knock it till ya try it!).

Old 11-02-2016, 01:27 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,386,686 times
This one bully in my class said his dad was gonna sue us.I broke down but I was real young.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:38 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
It's a shame that girls don't seem to ever get told how many boys actually prefer girls with small breasts.
It was the era of BAYWATCH.

Old 11-02-2016, 01:41 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
I was 5'6" in the 4th grade & 5'10" by the 7th grade!

"How's the weather up there?" or "Are you an Amazon?"

That sounds familiar. I also got called eiffeltower, spiderlegs, and giraffe. If you are overweight, you can lose some. If you are too skinny, you can gain some. But you cannot influence your height no matter what and if you are too tall, you can't even hide

Now I love it. I just wish there were more tall men around and prettier shoes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships