Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 01:56 PM

26 posts, read 21,801 times

Advertisements

I remember crying as a child because a man was going to cut my hair instead of a woman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 04:08 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,872,885 times
I remember throwing a tantrum at about the age of three because somebody cut my sandwich on the diagonal instead of laterally as I liked. I was usually a pretty easy-going child but for some reason this was VERY IMPORTANT.....

Old 02-08-2017, 08:54 PM

8,674 posts, read 22,922,371 times
I lived in Okinawa as a toddler and the only road to Okuma, the beach vacation spot, required travel thru mountain passes, with sheer drops of 100's of feet, barely made for two cars. The trip was about a 4 or 5 mile trek, but it seemed like we were on those cliffs for hours. I screamed my head off from the minute we started that climb, until we got to the beach. I can still hear my blood curdling screams and that was over 50 years ago.

I remember more than one vacation, it got to the point my brother and friends tried to cajole me out of my screams on the next trip. Didn't work.

Old 02-09-2017, 01:38 AM

3,253 posts, read 2,339,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
I remember throwing a tantrum at about the age of three because somebody cut my sandwich on the diagonal instead of laterally as I liked. I was usually a pretty easy-going child but for some reason this was VERY IMPORTANT.....
My husband was the same way. He wouldn't eat any sandwich that was cut on the diagonal. It was also VERY important to him and he's VERY easy going.

Old 02-09-2017, 04:06 AM

7,592 posts, read 4,163,667 times
I remember crying because I couldn't tie my shoe laces.

Old 02-09-2017, 05:17 AM

136 posts, read 98,490 times
My very first day of kindergarten I came home, sat on the couch with a book and cried! My dad asked me what was wrong. I said, I went to school today and I still can't read!

When I was about 5 or 6, I asked my dad why was I born a nobody? He asked what you mean? I replied well, your a pipe fitter and a dad, mom is a mom, and doctors are born doctors. I'm just called by my name, I'm a nobody! He laughed and explained you need to go to school to learn to be what you want to be. I was relieved!

Old 02-09-2017, 08:13 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,253,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weenie66 View Post
My very first day of kindergarten I came home, sat on the couch with a book and cried! My dad asked me what was wrong. I said, I went to school today and I still can't read!

My very 1st day of kindergarten, I made mom promise to wait outside for me. (Would've been a five-hour wait but that didn't register on my pea brain.) Looked out the window soon after entering the classroom, and there was mom in her yellow sweater walking away. Cried my eyes out and it took quite a while for the teacher to ease the pain.

Recall that I didn't feel the least bit ashamed about that. Biggest kid in the class and the only one bawling.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:19 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,640 times
When I was little on a family outing, saw this giant bear with a hat walking around and cried when it waved at me...lol
It was the Rooty Root Bear

Old 02-09-2017, 11:21 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
My mother read me a bedtime poem about a little kitty cat climbing up to the sky and playing with the stars, then sliding down the rainbow to get home. I was about three.

"I didn't WANT the little kitty cat to slide down the rainbow! He's going to get HURT!!"

Reading the rest of the poem, pointing out the illustrations of the little kitty cat safely back on earth, and efforts to convince me that it was fun for the little kitty cat to slide down the rainbow were all in vain.

My mother had to skip that page in the bedtime story collection ever after that trauma...

Old 02-09-2017, 01:57 PM

2,951 posts, read 2,519,662 times
You know those monkeys in the "Wizard of OZ?'

When they would come on the TV, I would scream, crying my eyes out, and run out of the room like a bat out of H#ll.
I still haven't seen that whole movie in its entirety. My brother would warn me here come the monkeys!

Now my husband and I plan trips going to monkey countries so we can see them. Naked monkey's I can deal with.

There is something about a witch having control over monkeys with clothes on I do not trust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships