Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 07:32 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,982,366 times

Advertisements

For the life of me I cannot think of a thing that made me cry when I was a kid except my father giving me a beating or when I fell and skinned my knee. Neither of those even lasted long. I was known for pouting and being defiant, but not for crying. I even loved nightmares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 07:40 PM

5,333 posts, read 8,563,072 times
This wasn't crying, but at some point as a child I learned that the heart is on the left side of the body. For a long while after that, I made a point to sleep on my right side every night because I was afraid my heart would stop if I slept on the left side.

Old 02-09-2017, 07:41 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,240,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundapeanut View Post
You know those monkeys in the "Wizard of OZ?'

When they would come on the TV, I would scream, crying my eyes out, and run out of the room like a bat out of H#ll.
Me too! Those monkeys were creepy scary.

We weren't the only ones. Those monkeys freaked out a lot of kids. I still hate the part with the monkeys.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:07 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,575,885 times
I was actually a young teen, probably about 14 or so, and I cried because my father left a pile of crab legs in the refrigerator. He told me I had to remove all the crab meat for him by the time he got home from work.
I sat at that counter with those crab legs in front of me and cried and cried.
I just felt so bad for those poor crabs, and felt horrible having to tear them apart.
I got it done, but it was an awful experience.
No, I don't eat crab now.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:20 PM

22,897 posts, read 6,452,771 times
Crying over the sadness of fairy tales....Cinderella had a mean stepmother, Sleeping Beauty pricked
her finger, Snow White ate a poisoned apple, etc....

Old 02-09-2017, 10:47 PM

13,288 posts, read 8,490,271 times
My aunt was my guardian one summer...I was young...
The babysitter canceled on her date night. She had to bring me along on her date. Luckily the gent was a sweet man. Anyways...I saw the movie : The way we were. I cried so hard... And for years was angry at Robert Redford for leaving Barbra Streisand!

Another time: 1st grade I cried terribly when our nun ( sister Charlotte) told me that I was a bad child and didn't have a guardian angel. That I was free for Satan's pickings. That really was upsetting...

Old 02-09-2017, 10:53 PM

3,428 posts, read 3,354,131 times
When I was about 4, my grandma bought a tricycle for me. We brought it home, my dad assembled it. I got on, started pedaling and kept bumping into the wall - I had no idea how to ride the doggone thing! I started crying.

Wasn't long before I mastered it. Kept that thing for years. Of course I outgrew it.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:27 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,167,927 times
I don't remember how and why it started but I really dislike buttons. As long as I can remember, I have always had a strong dislike towards them. Jeans or any metal type of button, no problem. I know, its weird. My mother knew this and insisted I had to wear a blouse that had buttons. I think I was around 5 yrs old. She said even as a toddler I was weird about it. Anyway, I cried and cried wearing that damn blouse. I guess there is a real phobia for this called Koumpounophobia. Steve Jobs had it too. They say some early childhood trauma sets it off. I have no recollection of what that might be. They gave examples, swallowing a button, spilling a jar of buttons or someone yelling that a baby might choke after touching one. If I had to bet, maybe the latter considering my mom tends to be a spaz at times. Still don't buy anything with buttons.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:20 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,186,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
1st grade I cried terribly when our nun ( sister Charlotte) told me that I was a bad child and didn't have a guardian angel. That I was free for Satan's pickings. That really was upsetting...
What a horrible person to say that to anyone, let alone a child. And it's especially bad since it was said by a person of "religious authority."

Old 02-10-2017, 01:42 AM

3,260 posts, read 2,351,862 times
When I was 4 or so my father took me and a little friend to see "The wizard of Oz" we both became terrified and cried so hard my father had to take us out of the theatre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships