Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 03:45 PM

4,577 posts, read 5,665,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
Recently he knocked on her door and told her he can hear her toilet flush
Well, she could avoid flushing and see if he then complains about the smell.

Or, the next time, he comes by, hand him a package of ear plugs, the phone number for the landlord, and wish him well.

No way in hell I'd let him feed my cats. If she's too cheap to board them, then she needs to hire a pet sitter. She'll come back and he will have rubberized her entire house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 03:45 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,473 times
No solution for the TV is needed. It's not loud (I've heard it when visiting and landlord feels TV volume is fine). Previous tenants never complained.

Old 04-27-2017, 03:51 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dblackga View Post
Well, she could avoid flushing and see if he then complains about the smell.

Or, the next time, he comes by, hand him a package of ear plugs, the phone number for the landlord, and wish him well.

No way in hell I'd let him feed my cats. If she's too cheap to board them, then she needs to hire a pet sitter. She'll come back and he will have rubberized her entire house.
She's not cheap. She said she didn't want to board them because the older cat is nervous/skittish and might die from the stress of being caged at a strange place. But as I said there are services that will send experienced people to provide pet care/feeding - they are bonded and insured.

Frankly, I would not want the guy poking around my stuff, especially considering the history.

Last edited by applej3; 04-27-2017 at 05:15 PM..

Old 04-27-2017, 03:59 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,259,079 times
BAD idea. Is she crazy to let a neighbor who is a tich "off" access to her pets? You take the cats in.
And leave him alone in her apartement to fiddle faddle around?
She sounds very naive. Straighten her out!

Old 04-27-2017, 04:15 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,871,819 times
Yea, I'm with everyone on the idea of giving access to the neighbor for the cat-- it's very bad all around. It's proof that she exercises bad judgments. I can get being concerned, especially about the access. But if she's not solutions-oriented, she's just setting herself up. OP, how close are YOU to the point of telling her to stop talking about this subject? It's weird enough that she told him that's she is going out of town. I just can't imagine why she would think that's OK.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:43 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
No - there is not an apartment above him. This is a 4 unit bldg., 2 upstairs, 2 downstairs.

I don't agree with talking to neighbors (as I said, too much unnecessary drama), and I've told her not to modify her movements. Just go on and live her life. She's spent an undue amount of time on this wierdo already. As far as a "plan in place", landlord has spoken with her and feels the guys complaints have no merit.

But I would definitely NOT give him a key to feed cats. I've advised her to hire someone (she can afford it.)

Whether or not she takes my advice is up to her.
Yes, I agree....She needs to consider this man as someone to be wary of. Obviously he is making some of these noise issues up.....Because with her being under him it would be ludicrous to think anything beyond slamming doors would be a problem. You can buy those stick on "bumpers" at a hardware store....just stick them onto the edge that touches the cupboard frame to prevent slamming noise. If she vacuums, maybe it is at night....and perhaps it is noisy. She said her TV is not loud.....but possibly a bit....

All these issues are relative. Maybe he's never lived in an apartment before. Regardless, she has a history with her LL's of having been there for years with no complaints. I say the LL's will consider the source and think he is the problem.

But, everyday living noises would not be that big a problem coming from a bottom floor.

I also agree that she should never give someone this weird a key, or permission to be in her apartment when she is not there. OP you should volunteer to check on her cats. Cats can be fine as long as they have plenty of food and water and clean litter boxes...they should be good for a weekend and you might go over and check on them once or twice.

Old 04-27-2017, 04:49 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
yes please do whatever you can to discourage her letting the neighbor in to feed the cats he could poison them and her . Just saying you never know what people have in mind . He could put cyanide in her sugar you never know . This is a very bad idea and you should get that across to her if you can . God what is your friend thinking ?

Old 04-27-2017, 05:21 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
I'm betting they will start going out soon. Mark my words LOL.

He's probably just bad at flirting.

REALLY bad at flirting. But it would surprise me if you were right.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-27-2017, 06:57 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,964,014 times
Quote:
Well, she does tend to whine about things vs. trying to find a solution.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:42 PM

2,189 posts, read 2,605,871 times
Watch out he wants to install a hidden camera be very careful
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships