Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 09:34 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,033,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthenerdyguru View Post
Is their websites you can post(free of charge to sign up)so i can find people who i can rent from or whats the best way i can start to find someone who i can rent from.That really sounds awesome plan!!
You're doing it backwards. *You* need to look at and respond to ads that other people have posted looking for a renter. Nobody responds to ads from people looking for a room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 02:12 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,452,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkay View Post
You're doing it backwards. *You* need to look at and respond to ads that other people have posted looking for a renter. Nobody responds to ads from people looking for a room.
That's not correct.
I know someone who posted a profile of themself under "roommates/shared" and found a couple of places by people with rooms to rent contacting her. The people with rooms to rent did not have their places listed on CL.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:14 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc123 View Post
So your sister who you don't like and is mentally unstable and immature opened up her home to you, when you needed a place to live? Maybe you should be a little more grateful. She isn't the only one with immaturity issues.

Exactly, sister can't be all that bad in the unstable dept., otherwise the OP would have been worried about personal safety.

OP, how do you manage to work from home and you can't figure out how to go rent an apt? I am more and more amazed at SOME of the younger people today, and what they don't know how to do.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:16 PM

1,009 posts, read 708,875 times
Quote:
Mods I dont know where this topic belongs but if it doesn't fit here move it to the right area.Anyways to make this short,i basically never got along with my sister as she is mentally unstable and immature.I been living with her for few months.I have saved enough money and i work online,so my job is home base.I am ready to move out and into a room only problem is im tired of waiting what i mean is i have posted on craigslist(looking for room/studio not apartment)either scams or fakes.I have the money,but whats the quickest way or atleast a legit website for me to get a room/rent a room?Is their affordable motels?I cant live with her anymore im fed up.I know everyone says its her house,still respect is needed.I'm not too worried i got money,etc just need find a way to move out asap!!
So you never liked her or got along , but you used her until you can get your own place . Humm very nice

Old 05-16-2017, 08:32 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Exactly, sister can't be all that bad in the unstable dept., otherwise the OP would have been worried about personal safety.

OP, how do you manage to work from home and you can't figure out how to go rent an apt? I am more and more amazed at SOME of the younger people today, and what they don't know how to do.
That occurred to me, also. OP, how can you live alone, without your sister, if finding a rental is beyond your ability? No matter the pout you have against your sister - can you really live alone?

It always makes me laugh when people demand "respect" simply based on how long they have been on earth. There is a rock in my back yard that has been in existence for a very long time, but it doesn't demand that I "respect" it. You want respect? Earn it.

Old 05-17-2017, 08:59 AM

15,252 posts, read 12,967,886 times
The OP is having trouble finding a place because he is self-employed and has no pay stubs to prove his income.

It was suggested to him multiple times that his tax return for the last several years would be sufficient for a self-employed person. However, this didn't seem to help. It may be he is underreporting his income.

What he needs is to find a private landlord renting out something like a garage apt or guest cottage and who doesn't verify income.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:01 AM

10,503 posts, read 7,043,034 times
Quote:
Mods I dont know where this topic belongs but if it doesn't fit here move it to the right area.Anyways to make this short,i basically never got along with my sister as she is mentally unstable and immature.I been living with her for few months.I have saved enough money and i work online,so my job is home base.I am ready to move out and into a room only problem is im tired of waiting what i mean is i have posted on craigslist(looking for room/studio not apartment)either scams or fakes.I have the money,but whats the quickest way or atleast a legit website for me to get a room/rent a room?Is their affordable motels?I cant live with her anymore im fed up.I know everyone says its her house,still respect is needed.I'm not too worried i got money,etc just need find a way to move out asap!!
So your sister has put you up and you're resentful of her? Man, I sure don't think I want to know you.

Old 05-17-2017, 09:02 AM

5,023 posts, read 7,452,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
It always makes me laugh when people demand "respect" simply based on how long they have been on earth. There is a rock in my back yard that has been in existence for a very long time, but it doesn't demand that I "respect" it. You want respect? Earn it.
Love this!!!
So true!!

Old 05-17-2017, 11:55 AM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
I suppose this could serve as a cautionary tale to NOT move in with someone you don't like or get along with in the first place.

And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-17-2017, 01:16 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,201,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
The OP is having trouble finding a place because he is self-employed and has no pay stubs to prove his income.

It was suggested to him multiple times that his tax return for the last several years would be sufficient for a self-employed person. However, this didn't seem to help. It may be he is underreporting his income.

What he needs is to find a private landlord renting out something like a garage apt or guest cottage and who doesn't verify income.
As someone that deals with a lot of private landlords, it's rare to find one dumb enough to not verify income. They are very aware of the fact that it is a nightmare to get someone in that can't pay the rent and they have to go through the eviction process to get them out. If they were ever naive in the beginning, they learn to verify later.

I suspect you are correct in that the OP is under-reporting income on his tax return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships