Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 08:21 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,568,403 times

Advertisements

I don't think they understand condo living. It's not the best place for kids. There is no place to run around and play. And noise is rude to others. I understand I am going to hear adults and children's normal voices. But the Dad at the top of his lungs this AM YELLING a game of hide and go seek - ugh!

Where are you? Where are you? Oh there you are. Over and over. He can't even go far. There is no need to scream.

Then they had guests over this evening before it got dark and had 11 kids in the parking lot, which is also a STREET! I had to call the police. Toddlers out there with no supervision. I didn't know how to get out!

Do I go tell the kids get out of the street so I can use my car on it? Knock on their door and ask them to collect the babies?

No. Plus, another car could run them down. I had to call the police and I will do so everytime until they stop allowing this. I guess I can't do anything about the bellowing, but it's annoying.

PS they could go to the gated pool area. Besides the pool, there is a LOT of space to run around safely. BBQ pits. Tables and benches. That is more appropriate than in their front yard, which is community property.

One part I found ironic is the man hates dogs and doesn't want his kids petting them. But since no adults were out I let his son play with my dog. He was delighted! My dog gave a little lick on his hand which ticked and he giggled and loved it.

I felt guilty for teaching him to like my dog but hey - I did what I do when any kid comes up to my dog. She is sweet and gentle. I teach them how to pet her underneath her chin so as not to scare her. That's good training for other dogs they meet, IF the dog is nice. Part of the man's issue is practical - not wanting the kid to go up to just any dog. But if they are left in the street unsupervised guess what? Lots of dogs here will walk by.

What an idiot. I have never seen anything like that in my life. I asked the police is this a stupid phone call? They were like no, kids should not be in the street! Or anywhere outside that young by themselves. (His are two and four)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 08:27 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
My new neighbors are bothersome too, mainly because of the kids. Because he's the new kid on the block, now the loud, annoying kids who had been playing on the other side of the street are coming over to my side of the street to play with him. They were even playing in my driveway a few days ago and they just scream and make noise all the time. Ugh. I had peace and quiet before they moved onto the street. They are just renting the house next door to me, but the question is for how long?

Old 05-25-2017, 08:28 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Ok, well yes, a condo is not ideal for kids, but sometimes it's all you can do.

So ... you have to understand that kids don't understand concepts like "community property" and "boundaries." They are just gonna run around where they can.

And no, a pool area is not better for small kids because of the drowning possibility.

Your best bet is to smile at the kids when you pass by, and if they are outside when you need to pull out, just roll down your window and ask them to move.

If toddlers are outside unsupervised, yes, call the police.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:31 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

So ... you have to understand that kids don't understand concepts like "community property" and "boundaries." They are just gonna run around where they can.

And no, a pool area is not better for small kids because of the drowning possibility.

Your best bet is to smile at the kids when you pass by, and if they are outside when you need to pull out, just roll down your window and ask them to move.

They also don't understand concepts like "private property." It really sucks. The entire world is not their playground.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
My new neighbors are bothersome too, mainly because of the kids. Because he's the new kid on the block, now the loud, annoying kids who had been playing on the other side of the street are coming over to my side of the street to play with him. They were even playing in my driveway a few days ago and they just scream and make noise all the time. Ugh. I had peace and quiet before they moved onto the street. They are just renting the house next door to me, but the question is for how long?
Mine purchased! And put a lot of money into upgrades. I hope they are going to flip it. They drive me crazy. Even before this they are weird. They have been here like two weeks and had all these kids gathered from all over the complex. That is strange.

I mean if this was a housing development and he went around making friends with people with kids and inviting them over I'd understand more. But here there is nothing to invite them TO except the STREET.

There are not many kids here. So he practically has found them all that are spread out over 25 acres. And then the adults are inside while toddlers are out there alone. He is strange.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:37 PM

Quote:

The way ours is set up it's huge and there are different areas. One can be near or at the pool or off in the other section.

I know kids can't understand these things, he should. They are immigrants but they came here from NY.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Right well then they have to realize that they made a choice to buy here instead of a place with a yard. So they need to take their kids to a proper place to play.

I've lived here a long time and never seen this. Children on the sidewalk with chalk, yes. riding their little things on the sidewalk, yes. Riding bikes and little things for the FOUR year old in the STREET, no. The two year old running out to her brother in the street? No. I will call the police everytime. That is insanely dangerous.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:41 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times
Try also talking to the HOA.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Try also talking to the HOA.
I am going to. And I'm going to ask if anything can be said about the bellowing. There is no reason to be at the top of his lungs yelling where are you? when the kid is 5 feet from him.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:44 PM

But it's the police for toddlers in the street. That's CPS material right there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships