Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 10:27 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times

Advertisements

Judging by what I see on the news,

If a guy pays too much attention to his neighbors and their kids, he is probably a pedo serial killer.

If a guy minds his own business, seems normal, and is "quiet", he is probably a pedo serial killer.

But seriously, from OPs description, he sounds annoying at the very least. Emotionally stunted and has way too much time on his hands. Involuntarily lonely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 11:04 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anongirl787 View Post
Cry more about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I think this is something she should be paying attention to.
OP: Not my neighbor, not my problem and even if it was my neighbor I don't see an issue unless one of the children says something.
Do you ever wonder how many assume you are different or outside of normal?
I will ask though, how exactly do you know how often he does what he does?
Do you not work so you can stand at your window all day to spy on your neighbors?

thinkalot: Why? In the OP's post there is nothing to indicate anything odd going on.
There is an assumption on the OP's part about an issue which is simply their *opinion* that something is going on. The OP also indicates how the neighbor is *wayyyyy to involved in their neighbor's life* however, the OP appears to know the details of *her neighbors life* so in essence the OP is the the
pot calling the kettle black. It is okay for the OP to spy on her neighbors but not okay for the neighbor to do the same.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:05 AM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
I don't know that I'd stay away from him, but I'd keep my kids away from him unless I was right there to supervise.

I don't think I'd keep my kids away from the fireworks display but they would understand that they were never to be alone with him under any circumstances.

He might be innocent. Why take that chance?

You can at least be polite to him, OP, even if you want to distance yourself from him.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:18 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,309,828 times
What does the neighbor with the kids think? Do you know for sure that they might be just good friends?

Old 06-11-2017, 12:21 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,937,246 times
He sounds like one of those attention seeking types with too much time on his hands. Still, in this day and age, I'd keep an eye on the kids when he's around them. He may also be one of those people who hate being alone. Does the GF have a job? Maybe when she's at work and the kids are at school, the walls start to close in on him. He doesn't sound so much nice as needy.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:33 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times
Quote:
Hi everyone,

So we live in a complex of townhouses with a park in the back. Across from us lives a family with 3 children. Next to them lives a 30 something year old male, his girlfriend and 3 dogs. I will refer to this male as SWM.

So basically, whenever anyone who lives on either side of him comes out on their porch or to use their yard, SWM immediately rushes outside to talk to them. Whenever their children are outside, SWM rushes out to play with them, talk to them, etc... I don't think this guy has a job because he is always home. It's like he waits by his window all day for someone to come out.

We've lived here for a while and our back yard faces theirs so we've been able to watch SWM somewhat. His behaviour is strange. Very childlike in the sense that he's attention seeking. He set off a big firework show in the back last month and was talking about how loved he felt because of how much attention he had. He also likes to loudly brag about how much money he has.

So anyway, we can't decide if SWM is just one of those almost too nice sort of people or if there's something wrong there.. He seems wayyy too interested in his neighbour's lives and their children. He almost acts like a Dad to them..

What do you think?
I'm thinking he's a very lonely guy.

Old 06-11-2017, 12:37 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Hi everyone,

So we live in a complex of townhouses with a park in the back. Across from us lives a family with 3 children. Next to them lives a 30 something year old male, his girlfriend and 3 dogs. I will refer to this male as SWM.

So basically, whenever anyone who lives on either side of him comes out on their porch or to use their yard, SWM immediately rushes outside to talk to them. Whenever their children are outside, SWM rushes out to play with them, talk to them, etc... I don't think this guy has a job because he is always home. It's like he waits by his window all day for someone to come out.

We've lived here for a while and our back yard faces theirs so we've been able to watch SWM somewhat. His behaviour is strange. Very childlike in the sense that he's attention seeking. He set off a big firework show in the back last month and was talking about how loved he felt because of how much attention he had. He also likes to loudly brag about how much money he has.

So anyway, we can't decide if SWM is just one of those almost too nice sort of people or if there's something wrong there.. He seems wayyy too interested in his neighbour's lives and their children. He almost acts like a Dad to them..

What do you think?
He could be an oddball. But why did you have to bring race into it?

You seem somewhat obsessed with him, watching him often. You do know people work from home these
days?

If you're that concerned than mention it to the families with children.

And he's not single if he has a girfriend that he lives with.

Last edited by seain dublin; 06-11-2017 at 01:09 PM..

Old 06-11-2017, 01:42 PM

8,272 posts, read 8,655,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
OP: Not my neighbor, not my problem and even if it was my neighbor I don't see an issue unless one of the children says something.
Do you ever wonder how many assume you are different or outside of normal?
I will ask though, how exactly do you know how often he does what he does?
Do you not work so you can stand at your window all day to spy on your neighbors?

thinkalot: Why? In the OP's post there is nothing to indicate anything odd going on.
There is an assumption on the OP's part about an issue which is simply their *opinion* that something is going on. The OP also indicates how the neighbor is *wayyyyy to involved in their neighbor's life* however, the OP appears to know the details of *her neighbors life* so in essence the OP is the the
pot calling the kettle black. It is okay for the OP to spy on her neighbors but not okay for the neighbor to do the same.
I said it was something she should be paying attention to. There may be nothing to it but keeping your eyes open doesn't hurt.

Old 06-11-2017, 07:39 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,736,853 times
He plays with other peoples children????? I'd keep an eye on that and talk to those parents. That's WAY weird!

Old 06-12-2017, 04:01 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Hi everyone,

So basically, whenever anyone who lives on either side of him comes out on their porch or to use their yard, SWM immediately rushes outside to talk to them. Whenever their children are outside, SWM rushes out to play with them, talk to them, etc...

What do you think?
Doesn't this indicate that he is eager for company.
Why are you focusing on the kid part of it when you say he does the same thing with the adults?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships