Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 05:23 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Oh, and people who claim to "love" people? They absolutely mystify me... the more I know people, the more I love my dog!

Ditto!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 06:59 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,316,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
I'm mid thirties and the older I get the less social interaction I need. People just seem to irritate me. Is that normal? We just moved and I would like to make friends and find my tribe so to speak, but it ain't happening. Advice?

When I was younger, I used to love to be around people-now I just don't trust em.
Well I can't speak for anyone but myself, it is certainly NORMAL for me and not only am I okay with it, I embrace it. However I will say, in my opinion you're too young to be without social interactions at the very least but friends are recommended and very necessary at your age. Start out keeping them at arms length and see where that may take you. JMHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilly9244 View Post
No, no. We are still here. We have made friends with the neighbors, even the elderly parking spot guy. They are pretty nice-but they are really nosy.
I just cannot abide nosy people I would much rather be ignored and snubbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Oh, and people who claim to "love" people? They absolutely mystify me... the more I know people, the more I love my dog!
Oddly enough, I DO love people, I am just not interested in forming any long term relationships because I am older and I have learned better. Not to say one day I won't meet that peculiar oddball like myself and form a friendship but I am not counting on it nor looking for it.

The people I do love are the complete strangers I meet while living my daily life, the grocery store, the post office, the bank, the patients and employees at the hospital where I volunteer (not so much my fellow volunteers...they're older, but so am I ), they think they KNOW everything, they're very, very nosy AND they just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to gossip! I cannot participate not even by listening to it!

Yes, my dogs are the best and great company as well, and...well, what else can be said about our pets?

Best wishes Jilly, you will find your niche.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships