Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 07:32 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,576,243 times

Advertisements

I'd let him know what I think I saw so he knows that I know. The rest is up to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2018, 07:41 AM

13,261 posts, read 8,057,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
You could tell what he was typing, to whom, on what site, and the woman's nationality from across the room?

Right? I'm rolling my eyes on this one.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:53 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,012,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenson88 View Post
Dad is chatting another woman. I saw him one afternoon inside his room talking to a foreign woman in tinder. He’s not just cheating on my mom but to the whole family as well. What should I do? He already has grandkids and it’s very shameful to know someone cheating at his age. What should I do? My mom has been very loyal and faithful to their marriage. Should I tell my siblings about this? Need help!
You should tell your mom what you saw and let her decide what to do.It is never a good thing to hide something like this.Everyone deserves to make their own choices when it comes to their relationships BUT to be fair..they need to NOT be in the dark and know the whole information so they themselves can make that personal decision for themselves.I know that if a friend saw my bf talking with someone and it was in a very intimate setting with some very close talking..I would want to know.I wouldn't want the friend to keep that a secret and then I would confront the bf and decide what to do then.

Old 09-07-2018, 08:44 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,385,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellShoneMoon View Post
This isn't OP's decision to make. It's not OP's place to insert himself into his parents' relationship by telling his mother about it.

If I were in OP's position, I'd probably have a quiet conversation with my dad, letting him know what I THINK I discovered. Don't be judgmental, don't threaten him with spilling the beans, just say, "This is what I THINK I found, just wanted you to know."
Thinkig further about this, I concur with you. I reverse my suggestion to the above!

Old 09-07-2018, 08:51 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,775,977 times
OP, please tell us what really happened. What did you actually "see"?

Old 09-07-2018, 09:02 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,819,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
OP, please tell us what really happened. What did you actually "see"?
OP already said what he/she saw, or thinks they saw. They aren't going to revise it because people ask.

This is either BS (which IMO, it is) or the OP is a child with no concept or understanding and experience of real life and relationships.

If this is real (it is not) and if the OP talks with his/her father all they are going to get is something the father makes up to lie about what he was up to. Then the father will cool it for a couple weeks and let the dust settle and then go back to who he is.

If there is infidelity, he will simply be more careful to hide it. But it's all BS anyway.

Old 09-07-2018, 09:49 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,775,977 times
I agree. I don't think we are getting a full/real story. OP, why don't you come back and add some more details?

Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 09-08-2018 at 03:14 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 09-07-2018, 09:52 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,106,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenson88 View Post

Dad is chatting another woman. I saw him one afternoon inside his room talking to a foreign woman in tinder...........

So what? Don't let yourself have such a suspicious dirty mind and runaway imagination. Otherwise, why do you immediately jump to the conclusion he's cheating on his wife if you don't have a dirty mind?

How do you know the woman he was chatting with isn't a business associate or one of his employers, or his banker or insurance agent, or a foreign customer, or some merchant that he is purchasing something from, or a stranger online who is exchanging information and advice about something? It could be anyone and just because it's a woman and they're having a conversation about something doesn't automatically mean he is cheating on his wife.

You should mind your own business, stop snooping and spying on your father and stop jumping to conclusions about things that you know nothing about. And stop advertising your family's personal life to strangers on the internet. Grow up. You are NOT being golden.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:04 AM

666 posts, read 645,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
So what? Don't let yourself have such a suspicious dirty mind and runaway imagination. Otherwise, why do you immediately jump to the conclusion he's cheating on his wife if you don't have a dirty mind?

How do you know the woman he was chatting with isn't a business associate or one of his employers, or his banker or insurance agent, or a foreign customer, or some merchant that he is purchasing something from, or a stranger online who is exchanging information and advice about something? It could be anyone and just because it's a woman and they're having a conversation about something doesn't automatically mean he is cheating on his wife.

You should mind your own business, stop snooping and spying on your father and stop jumping to conclusions about things that you know nothing about. And stop advertising your family's personal life to strangers on the internet. Grow up. You are NOT being golden.

Lol at talking to my employer or banker via Tinder.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:06 AM

666 posts, read 645,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-fused View Post
Grow up kid.
My, what an odd response.

OP I would probably do what some other replies suggest (from those that obviously know what Tinder is) and talk to Dad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships