Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 04:11 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,373,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
Anybody else go through an issue like and if so what was your secret for handling it?
Move and now. You need to live some place for another month or two, then look for an airbnb and move out immediately. Don't stay there any longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2018, 04:18 AM

2,398 posts, read 3,835,211 times
Does this mobile home park have a website, a Google presence? If so start leaving accurate reviews about their hands off approach to problems in their park.

In the meanwhile endure for the very short term. Calling the police for disturbing the peace/noise ordinance violations and lawsuits are all that you have but the nature of the legal beast is that it eats your life, your time, your cash only to be stiffed in the end by not being able to squeeze blood from a turnip. Completely sucks.

We are very tolerant type of people but our last neighbor cost us over 2K over the past few years with their pretensions of being grand landowners and big time operator farmers. Yet they took no responsibility for their endeavors as they poured over the fence line to destroy our property as their nearest neighbors. I feel your pain. We are glad to be gone.

Old 10-25-2018, 04:19 AM

8,069 posts, read 12,784,000 times
Have you complained to the park manager? It sounds like many neighbors lives are being disrupted by this one unit. If four or five other residents also made complaints they might decide it is better to lose the disruptive tenant than have four other tenants leave.

Also I find it hard to believe there aren't park rules regarding noise and parking. You will never get anywhere talking to the offenders; talk to management.

Old 10-25-2018, 04:21 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
You really have no recourse but, I would be having a conversation with the owner of your trailer, telling him why you are moving and that the management company was of no help. If the folks that own in that park got together, they could force some changes. Failing to do so will only result in those who own and live there see their quality of life go downhill and for owners who rent, see the quality of renters decrease. The community needs to organize and together pressure change in the park’s management. Me, I would be gone before somebody got hurt.

Old 10-25-2018, 04:31 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,210,599 times
Time to bring in the bulldozer

Old 10-25-2018, 08:08 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,980,084 times
You could just stop at we live in a trailer park... the rest of your story is to be expected!

Old 10-25-2018, 08:21 AM

4,242 posts, read 947,782 times
Move out now. Rent an extended stay hotel suite for 2 months. Life is too short.

Old 10-25-2018, 08:46 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
So why do you make your wife park on the street when she comes home at 1? Wouldn't it be better to park your car there so the neighbors have no choice but to park elsewhere? When your wife gets home she can park in your reserved driveway.
This seems to be the best and most obvious solution. Not sure why the OP isn't doing this.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:13 AM

815 posts, read 737,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
So why do you make your wife park on the street when she comes home at 1? Wouldn't it be better to park your car there so the neighbors have no choice but to park elsewhere? When your wife gets home she can park in your reserved driveway.
Two reasons. Due to limited space, often the only place to park is in front of our own driveway. So if I park on the street, she wouldn't be able to pull into the driveway.

We also prefer to have our older, paid off car in the street, which if what she typically uses for her drive to work. Our other car is newer and we still owe a decent some of money on it, as mad as we are, we are happy that it was not the one smashed up.

Old 10-25-2018, 09:22 AM

2,385 posts, read 3,672,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco64 View Post
Two reasons. Due to limited space, often the only place to park is in front of our own driveway. So if I park on the street, she wouldn't be able to pull into the driveway.

We also prefer to have our older, paid off car in the street, which if what she typically uses for her drive to work. Our other car is newer and we still owe a decent some of money on it, as mad as we are, we are happy that it was not the one smashed up.
Thanks for explaining. That definitely makes sense! So sorry you have such awful neighbors! Maybe you can get some security cameras. I know you're moving soon, but you could get the kind that you can take with you when you move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships