Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 08:19 PM

245 posts, read 342,302 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,

Won’t go into specifics on what was said to me on the message I received. My ex fiancé Decided she wanted to cancel our wedding instead of postponing it and she’s been slandering my name to make it look like I was the bad person here that caused all of this. I didn’t expect such a distasteful and inhumane message from my ex-sister in law which looked like a whole book she wrote to me full of bitterness and resentment. I was the bigger person and didn’t respond to her filth because I knew that was the best thing to do. Is there anything I can do here? She really disrespected me and wrote a whole bunch of crap and lies to make me look I’m the pos here. Showed their mother this and she said that’s between us smh. Should I really leave this alone? Would public shaming or notifiying her employer be too much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2019, 08:21 PM

4,985 posts, read 3,968,766 times
Should I really leave this alone?
oh yeah.
Would public shaming or notifiying her employer be too much?
oh yeah.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:22 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,546,021 times
No one cares... Ignore it or sue her for deflamation

Old 02-26-2019, 08:24 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
All they're doing is giving you a reason not to fool with any of them anymore.

Just block them and don't talk to them.

Problem solved.

Silence, is the BEST weapon in situations like this. Let them make asses out of themselves, they'll get tired of talking to themselves after a while. If you really want to tick them off, live your best life and don't even acknowledge them ever again.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
All they're doing is giving you a reason not to fool with any of them anymore.

Just block them and don't talk to them.

Problem solved.

Silence, is the BEST weapon in situations like this. Let them make asses out of themselves, they'll get tired of talking to themselves after a while. If you really want to tick them off, live your best life and don't even acknowledge them ever again.

Thanks man. My whole family said it’s great that I didn’t respond and took the higher road because she made her self look like an ass. She’ll look back with regrets.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:28 PM

1,658 posts, read 1,257,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Legend View Post
Hey guys,

Won’t go into specifics on what was said to me on the message I received. My ex fiancé Decided she wanted to cancel our wedding instead of postponing it and she’s been slandering my name to make it look like I was the bad person here that caused all of this. I didn’t expect such a distasteful and inhumane message from my ex-sister in law which looked like a whole book she wrote to me full of bitterness and resentment. I was the bigger person and didn’t respond to her filth because I knew that was the best thing to do. Is there anything I can do here? She really disrespected me and wrote a whole bunch of crap and lies to make me look I’m the pos here. Showed their mother this and she said that’s between us smh. Should I really leave this alone? Would public shaming or notifiying her employer be too much?
Yes, leave it alone. Don't contact her employer either. There's no need to jump in the muck and lower yourself to her level.

The truth will eventually come out, and when it does, you'll look and feel better for taking the high road in this situation.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:38 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Block and move on.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:40 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Notifying her employer??

Please ... no.

Delete it, and move forward.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:46 PM

8,238 posts, read 6,584,588 times
So the Facebook messages written against you were on display for public viewing?

If so, you can just click on 'hide from message wall' or 'hide message' so that people cannot see the message(s) nor read them.

Old 02-26-2019, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
So the messages against you were on display for public viewing?

If so, you can just click on 'hide from message wall' or 'hide message' so that people cannot see it nor read it.

No private message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships