Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 04:23 PM

505 posts, read 586,639 times

Advertisements

I left my first bad review on a selling app today and kind of feel bad. The person selling refused to give me an address for pick-up, just the name of a complex. No problem, I understand. I followed her directions to just enter in the name of it on google maps and followed those directions. Also let them know I was on my way and maps said I was 15 minutes away.

Google Maps lead me to what appeared to be the complex, although no name was listed. Messaged them I was there, color of my car and where I was parked. She doesn't respond for 10 minutes. Again I message her with the cross streets where I was located. She told me that wasn't correct and I needed to go to another street name, again not providing an actual address.

Explained I didn't know where that was, wasn't familiar with the area and asked if they'd be more comfortable meeting up at a grocery store or even the police department?! After 15 minutes, she finally provides an address which was several minutes away and deep back into the complex, no where near the front leasing office.

When I got there she came right out, I mentioned I was no where near Google Maps lead me. She apologized, and I also noticed blemishes on what was supposed to be "brand new". I decided to buy the item and left.

She left me a five star, but I was feeling p***y after all that and rated her badly. Am I being too petty and have the review deleted? Or am I justified? Just feel kind of bad. What would you have done?

Last edited by WildSpark; 08-09-2020 at 04:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2020, 04:53 PM

42 posts, read 37,722 times
I probably would have rated her badly as well, she provided straight up wrong meeting directions and refused when asked to provide an address, was late and lied about the item being brand new.

nothing to feel bad about with a honest review, for the greater good other buyers may think twice.

Old 08-09-2020, 04:56 PM

23,458 posts, read 19,122,726 times
Where did you leave this review? On the selling app site? Check with their TOS about how to revise it. IMHO the whole thing was kind of petty. She was being secretive (which doesn't make that much sense if she really wants to sell something) that you admitted you could appreciate. You chose to keep on engaging with her. There was a misunderstanding about the location, but she did apologize for something...not clear just what. Life is full of little inconveniences. Did you expect instant gratification? How much is your time really worth? You did get there, did see the less-than-perfect item and decided to buy it anyway. If your conscience is still bugging you send her a note about not being able to change the review. She may not even care.

Last edited by Parnassia; 08-09-2020 at 05:04 PM..

Old 08-09-2020, 06:06 PM

16,589 posts, read 10,714,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildSpark View Post
I left my first bad review on a selling app today and kind of feel bad. The person selling refused to give me an address for pick-up, just the name of a complex. No problem, I understand.
It's up to the seller to make things easier for the buyer, not the other way around. If she didn't want to give out her home address, she could have given the address of the leasing office, and she could have easily met you there by the time you arrived. I think a poor review is justified.

Old 08-09-2020, 06:50 PM

17,954 posts, read 9,358,754 times
I think you should get the poor review removed - if that's possible.

It's completely understandable that the person wasn't comfortable giving a complete stranger their exact address. They gave you the name of the complex, you called when you got there, and they came out to meet you. I see no problem there.

As for the "brand new" item having blemishes, I have mixed feelings about that. It wasn't exactly as described, but you saw the blemishes and still chose to purchase it.

If the blemishes had been a deal breaker, and you hadn't purchased it, then I could perhaps see giving a poor review. But the blemishes were obviously acceptable to you...so I don't feel a poor review was warranted.

I really do think you're being unreasonable and petty. Especially considering that she gave you a 5 star review.

Old 08-09-2020, 07:03 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,718,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
It's up to the seller to make things easier for the buyer, not the other way around. If she didn't want to give out her home address, she could have given the address of the leasing office, and she could have easily met you there by the time you arrived. I think a poor review is justified.
There are lots of alternative places to meet if you aren’t comfortable giving out your address. The leasing office if it is an apartment, somewhere else close by if you have a house. Either way, it should be an obvious landmark, not require some wild goose chase by the buyer.

Old 08-09-2020, 09:30 PM

1,350 posts, read 824,385 times
Quote:
I left my first bad review on a selling app today and kind of feel bad. The person selling refused to give me an address for pick-up, just the name of a complex. No problem, I understand. I followed her directions to just enter in the name of it on google maps and followed those directions. Also let them know I was on my way and maps said I was 15 minutes away.

Google Maps lead me to what appeared to be the complex, although no name was listed. Messaged them I was there, color of my car and where I was parked. She doesn't respond for 10 minutes. Again I message her with the cross streets where I was located. She told me that wasn't correct and I needed to go to another street name, again not providing an actual address.

Explained I didn't know where that was, wasn't familiar with the area and asked if they'd be more comfortable meeting up at a grocery store or even the police department?! After 15 minutes, she finally provides an address which was several minutes away and deep back into the complex, no where near the front leasing office.

When I got there she came right out, I mentioned I was no where near Google Maps lead me. She apologized, and I also noticed blemishes on what was supposed to be "brand new". I decided to buy the item and left.

She left me a five star, but I was feeling p***y after all that and rated her badly. Am I being too petty and have the review deleted? Or am I justified? Just feel kind of bad. What would you have done?
Don't know which selling app you're talking about but this is why some people shouldn't leave reviews if they are feeling emotional or angry. Did you have to leave a review immediately? Could you have waited a few days and see if you still felt so mad?

For instance on Amazon Prime, you have up to 24 hours after your delivery, to decide how much tip you want to leave the driver.

Lesson learned to not react on emotion. She already knows what kind of review you left, so too late to change it now. She wouldn't even know if you changed it.

Old 08-09-2020, 09:52 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,117,464 times
I would have left a medium review, like 3/5, and written in the comment box that pick-up was a huge hassle.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:52 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,789,591 times
Sounds more like a knee jerk reaction but sometimes how do you know what a seller did was intentional or unintentional? Often times a buyer or customer has their own issues to sort out and blames a business or store for their own problems. I've seen that a lot lately with COVID19 and how people were not being informed or told something and get completely different expectations. So many stores and businesses getting negatives for that reason.

Old 08-10-2020, 11:26 AM

23,906 posts, read 33,696,660 times
Quote:

I think the 3 of 5 stars would be warranted. I would say bad communication, slow to respond and that it took X amount of time when it could have taken X amount of time had she given you a better meeting location. She knew you were on your way. It was crappy of her to make you wait. If she wasn't going to be available in the 15 minutes it took for you to get there, she should have been up front and told you that. I'd also ding her on item not as described but bought anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships