Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 12:20 PM

484 posts, read 199,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
IMO this would be why your son corrected you, the idea that the clerk wasn't doing their job. I'm assuming that since you had to open the door that this is one of those self serve kiosks, so the burden is on the customer, not on the deli employee to assist you with a self serve item.
And yes, my kids have on occasion brought me up to speed (corrected me) on new ways of thinking, even though I don't always understand the logic, or lack thereof, behind the new ideas.I actually appreciate when my kids do this, they aren't disrespectful, or at least I don't see it that way, and I'd rather be kept current than otherwise. I don't want to stagnate as I get older. Things change, I want to change too.
I don't think my kids are necessarily smarter, but they are without a doubt more current.
Thanks for your input. Yes, it is self serve. It would have been helpful for them to move the items toward the front of the warmer so people could see them and get them out with less trouble. Even though I have fibromyalgia, I am pretty agile for my age. Someone not quite as agile, would have had trouble getting it. I had to squat and reach through about 2 feet to get to it. I wasn't even complaining about that. It was her attitude about helping me find something that would keep the container from burning my hands. He co-worker right away grabbed something and was happy to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 12:55 PM

737 posts, read 453,919 times
My take is that your son probable didn't mean to disrespect you. He's not very tactful that is usually learned by years of experiences. You may have to tell him (more than one time) that it's hurt your feelings by siding with the outsiders when they're in the wrong. You may want to point out what you expect from your services, and why you're disappointed. It's a change to teach your son life experiences as well. I used to tell my kid that be considerate to your family and the ones who cares about you, because if you don't, they'll stay away from you, and you'll be surrounded with strangers and people who didn't care about you.

Old 07-22-2020, 01:35 PM

4,414 posts, read 3,481,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YaYa6119 View Post
It was her attitude about helping me find something that would keep the container from burning my hands. He co-worker right away grabbed something and was happy to help.

See, you had someone jump in and be happy to help you! Is there a reason you can't focus on that instead of the rude person? Serious question.

Old 07-22-2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasel View Post
See, you had someone jump in and be happy to help you! Is there a reason you can't focus on that instead of the rude person? Serious question.
Yes, I should have. Do you ever complain about anything? Serious question.

Old 07-22-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut4sweets View Post
My take is that your son probable didn't mean to disrespect you. He's not very tactful that is usually learned by years of experiences. You may have to tell him (more than one time) that it's hurt your feelings by siding with the outsiders when they're in the wrong. You may want to point out what you expect from your services, and why you're disappointed. It's a change to teach your son life experiences as well. I used to tell my kid that be considerate to your family and the ones who cares about you, because if you don't, they'll stay away from you, and you'll be surrounded with strangers and people who didn't care about you.
Thank you for your kind response. I have visited with my son about it and let him know why his comments hurt me. He was not at his best at that time. Too little sleep and possibly a hangover.

Old 07-22-2020, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Yes, I should have. Do you ever complain about anything? Serious question.
Things that are consequential, yes of course!

Old 07-22-2020, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Things that are consequential, yes of course!
Which would be?

Old 07-22-2020, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Which would be?

A client sent me a check for payment and they mailed it to the wrong address. It took more than 3 weeks to get a replacement and I needed the money for bills in the meantime.

A lab messed up my bloodwork and rendered the tests useless so I had to take time off from work another day, fast, and redo the blood draw.

That sort of stuff.

I complained to the people involved. (the company accounting dept, the lab, etc.)

Old 07-22-2020, 07:32 PM

Quote:
A client sent me a check for payment and they mailed it to the wrong address. It took more than 3 weeks to get a replacement and I needed the money for bills in the meantime.

A lab messed up my bloodwork and rendered the tests useless so I had to take time off from work another day, fast, and redo the blood draw.

That sort of stuff.

I complained to the people involved. (the company accounting dept, the lab, etc.)
Thank you for explaining.

Old 07-22-2020, 07:57 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,224,688 times
They probably got so disrespectful because they love mayonnaise lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships