Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 04:14 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,564,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMMom View Post
My advice: since she has confided with you all this very unflattering information about her husband and how he treats her, you should be straight up with her. "Susie, when you tell me this stuff about Jack, it puts me in an awkward position because I now only see him in the negative light you have painted. It's impossible for me to put aside the way he disrespects you because you are my friend. I can't just put on a happy face around him. I want to spend time with YOU, but I do not wish to spend time with him. Not as long as you keep telling me this stuff."

Then make her figure out how to handle the situation.

This is the problem with venting about your spouse to family/close friends. They aren't going to rationalize the behavior the same way you do. Family/friends can't wipe their memory banks clear of all the bad stuff you've told them when you decide to stay with the guy.

That's terrific advice. She'll never do it though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2021, 04:09 AM

So what happened? Did you tell your so called friends that no husbands are allowed? Did you just invite the friends and their husbands and exclude the other "friend"? Did you invite everyone and the party was ruined? Did you cancel the whole thing?

Old 09-22-2021, 06:00 AM

3,287 posts, read 2,355,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
If people were true friends of hers, they would at least give a go in talking to her about their perspective on this relationship from the outside looking in and from what the friend reveals about her seemingly useless and disliked partner.
For me, I would rather risk losing the friendship and at least try to get through to her rather than coming online and asking for advice. ]
It's clear what needs to be done. Someone has to have the fortitude to do it.
Sorry but it is nobody's business to but into anyone's marriage. Not her friends. Not her mother. All issues must be worked out between the husband and the wife. They are considered one entity in the eyes of God and by the state they live in. There is no his and her. So, again, no one should be meddling into anyone's marriage. That would make them a component in their breakup. The only exception would be someone who is being abused physically. No one needs to stick around anyone who is emotionally abused so let the married person decide if they want to put up with it or not.

Old 09-22-2021, 06:14 AM

307 posts, read 213,847 times
Your friend married that guy, so she has to deal with him and if she's okay with paying all the bills and allowing him to disrespect her then that's on her. Just be her friend and offer her a shoulder to cry on if she needs one.

As far as the BBQ, invite who you want and let the chips fall where they may. It's your house so if you don't want the friend's husband there, let her know.

Old 09-22-2021, 02:49 PM

Mandi never updates her sagas. So annoying. We do we even bother?

Old 09-26-2021, 12:45 PM

639 posts, read 402,720 times
I have a group chat with this one women and a few other girlfriends. I told them that everyone is invited and mentioned how a few couples from my work are coming.

I didn't specifically say that her husband could come, but I didn't say he couldn't.

Right now, just leaving it up in the air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships