Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 11:33 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,548,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Yeah, tickling is kind of creepy...I never understood why anyone would think it is fun or funny to be tickled...seems like torture or something.
I've never liked it. It's a boundary issue for me. I get that some people think it's fun, so when they try it once, I'll pull back and tell them to stop. When they don't, it really sets me off.

I had a boyfriend who did it all the time, until I got really angry and he then said I was overreacting. I only asked his dumb ass 30 times not to do it. So, when I lost my cool, I had anger issues....lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 12:14 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I just had a conversation today that made me think of this thread.

Someone I was getting acquainted with asked me what was important in life. I told him laughter is very important. He said, "Really, when I get a hold of you I'm going to tickle you until you beg for mercy.". I told him I don't like being tickled. "Oh come on, everyone likes being tickled." I told him I really don't like being tickled. He then reminded me that I said laughter was important, but now I'm saying I don't like being tickled so I need to make up my mind and "stick to the story".

I lost interest and ended the conversation. Stupid people don't make me laugh.
Sounds like he just wished he could touch you. He likes you.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:27 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,798,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Sounds like he just wished he could touch you. He likes you.
For sure it is an immature approach to testing the water on how you react to him touching you. You probably made the right choice on losing interest.

Old 03-26-2009, 06:00 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,798,260 times
Ok so I have to say it. I nominate Ivorytcklr for the all time word twisting award!

Old 03-26-2009, 06:56 AM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,521 posts, read 6,328,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Outlaws .

Thirty some odd years ago in the early years of my marriage they treated me well and we were INlaws. In the later years they changed for the worse until we became OUTlaws

It would have been a lot easier if they had treated me like crap from the very begining. When people change like that on you it makes you wonder what YOU did. I spent years trying to figure out WHY before I finally just backed away completely. I still dont know why but I no longer care so we be fine now.

I dont think they would appreciate this but theyve given me some very amusing tales to relate.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:10 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
LOL why would he tickle you other than to make you laugh??

My parents tickled me when I was younger and it was really really funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
I've never liked it. It's a boundary issue for me. I get that some people think it's fun, so when they try it once, I'll pull back and tell them to stop. When they don't, it really sets me off.

I had a boyfriend who did it all the time, until I got really angry and he then said I was overreacting. I only asked his dumb ass 30 times not to do it. So, when I lost my cool, I had anger issues....lol.

Old 03-26-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
LOL why would he tickle you other than to make you laugh??

My parents tickled me when I was younger and it was really really funny.
It's not that he meant harm when he did it the first time. I laughed, because it tickled, but I asked him not to do it because I don't like it. When he continues to do so after I have asked him nicely and repeatedly to stop, he is not being very respectful. Some people just don't understand nice.

LOL ETA: That was a different incident. Gawd, I can't keep up today. The guy I was referring to in the posting above this, it seemed, was trying to open up a level of comfort with regards to sexual discussion - because he also said something about tickling me with his tongue....

Last edited by PassTheChocolate; 03-26-2009 at 12:56 PM..

Old 03-26-2009, 12:59 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
Oh ok, you just didn't like it and he wouldn't understand your point of view or want.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:00 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
my gosh, you are the nicest and sincerest guy i have ever known, why would people do that to you.

Old 03-26-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Oh ok, you just didn't like it and he wouldn't understand your point of view or want.
Yah, pretty much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships