Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 05:10 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,341 times

Advertisements

i have this friend i met in college who i have known for 3 years. we used to meet up at restaurants or at happy hour and had a good time. we even took a vacation together which was great.

anyway as we have gotten older, we rarely speak. i tried to keep in touch with her, but she rarely has contacted me back and dodged my messages.

she always knew i knew a lot about career growth and the university system here (it is related to my line of work). now all of a sudden she is calling me up for career advice and what she should get her masters in. i really wonder if she gave it any thought that i know she is using me. she was never the brightest person, but i am thinking wouldnt most believe that it is possible their friend knows they are using them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 05:12 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,299,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post
i have this friend i met in college who i have known for 3 years. we used to meet up at restaurants or at happy hour and had a good time. we even took a vacation together which was great.

anyway as we have gotten older, we rarely speak. i tried to keep in touch with her, but she rarely has contacted me back and dodged my messages.

she always knew i knew a lot about career growth and the university system here (it is related to my line of work). now all of a sudden she is calling me up for career advice and what she should get her masters in. i really wonder if she gave it any thought that i know she is using me. she was never the brightest person, but i am thinking wouldnt most believe that it is possible their friend knows they are using them?
People like that always assume you can't see through them. Just ignore her. My friends who were like that, I cut out of my life a long time ago.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:13 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
like flies to honey.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:22 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,411,220 times
girl, you need to leave LA now! lol

Old 07-24-2009, 06:57 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,725,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingLA2010 View Post

Sure it is possible to know when someone is using you. Um, have you asked her if she somehow missed all of your previous msgs? Be nice about it. You know that she has, but it would be interesting to see what her response is. Maybe she was focused on work or had some major personal issue going on in her life. I mean that's no excuse for dodging your msgs, but it would be good to see if she dodges answering the question I posed.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:02 PM

751 posts, read 1,674,049 times
There's a saying that my parents used to tell us kids.That we do train people how to treat us.

If you suspect that she's only using you I'd get rid of her and find a new friend.It's obvious that she has no idea what real friendship is all about.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:06 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
Yeah, this happens every day to thousands of so-called married couples.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:25 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherie Tebo View Post
There's a saying that my parents used to tell us kids.That we do train people how to treat us.

If you suspect that she's only using you I'd get rid of her and find a new friend.It's obvious that she has no idea what real friendship is all about.
the only reason i bother helping her out is because her parents have been really helpful to me. she also is a good person when i am traveling somewhere to go with out of all my friends.

i just have to make sure with her i dont expect anything. i try to keep our friendship to a minimum.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:28 PM

132 posts, read 224,119 times
Not anymore. I use to though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships