Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2009, 09:00 AM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I am a very vindictive person, I am sorry to say. My whole life I have been trying to stay away from trouble for this reason. I will not rest until I get mine and hurt you. People in the past, even close friends have thought I was a wuss for walking away from fights and other issues until a fateful day that I will keep to myself.
I guess after they finding out the person I really am has kept my close friends distant.
You're a BAD PUDDY TAT!! j/k
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 09:05 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,331,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
You're a BAD PUDDY TAT!! j/k

Just a tiny little bit.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:15 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,720,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
I'm the sort of person, who makes every effort to not get offside with people, are there people I'm offside with? yes, but not many.

The way I look at it you should try (yes try we all have our moments) treat everyone the way you want to be treated yourself and if you have got only nasty things to say about someone keep your mouth shut as much as possible.
Long term its not smart either to get offside with people as it can bite you in the ass.

I know and have known others, who have a far different approach, they speak their mind often and aren't afraid to let people have it and as a result have several people they are offside with.

Thoughts welcome.
I agree...you should always try to treat others the way you want to be treated. The hard part sometimes, is that there are things many of us would normally never say or do to another person. Therefore....we improvise! LOL..... instead of "doing unto others as you would have others do unto you".... you "do unto others as they're doing to you"!! A few of those incidents come to mind! Shortly after the outbursts, in a quiet place, you say, "OMG! Did I actually SAY that?! Holy cow, where did THAT come from?" Sometimes, in situations like that...I feel bad...sometimes, I feel quite justified. We should always be slow to anger, but we're not perfect, right?...AND...perhaps one simply reaches a saturation point with these outwardly rude, insensitive, entitled individuals. I don't know about anyone else, but by the time I've finally allowed one of THOSE people to get to me, I couldn't care less whether they ever speak to me again, anyway......If I allow them to get to me that way...I'm probably done trying to have any kind of relationship with them, because they are mean and hateful.....not the kind of people I want around me or my family.

Old 12-16-2009, 09:42 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,246,413 times
I do not get "off side" (like that term!) with too many people but if someone crosses my husband or kids then I call "game on"

Old 12-16-2009, 10:21 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
What's "offside"?

Old 12-16-2009, 10:45 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,720,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
What's "offside"?
In disagreement, in a fight, pi$$ed off.....LOL You know..... saying something to tick someone off....

Old 12-16-2009, 11:43 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,541,693 times
If I get offside with someone, it's likely that I don't really care to keep them around. I don't purposely try to rub people the wrong way; I know people like that and it's a huge turn off. But there are some people who need offending.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:13 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,254 times
Harmony within is important to me. I don't make a point to ruffle feathers and do my best to get along with others. I can be respectful of anyone (even if I dont' like you) as long as you show me the same respect. It's when someone crosses that line that I get "offside" and once you have wronged me, I am not going out of my way to make it right with you.

I have literally "dropped off the face of the earth" with some of my past friends because they did me wrong and were no longer deserving of my friendship.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:14 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,645,569 times
But when I treat people as I want to be treated, they get offended or insulted. I like to be left alone, so I don't easily warm up to others--and some people take offense to that.

Old 12-16-2009, 12:31 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,815,421 times
There are just some people in the world who have personality traits that I can't deal with. It doesn't mean I hate them, just that I don't want to be best friends with them!

For example, there is a trainer at my gym who seems to think because her husband makes lots of money, she is better than everyone else, even though she came from very humble background. She won't say hello to me unless I say hello first, even if we are the only two people in a room. She talks constantly about the things she owns and has never, as far as I've seen, treated anyone as more important than herself. She drives big fancy show off cars and has a huge custom built house. But instead of helping people with what God has given her, she keeps it all to herself and talks about it to anyone who will listen. And I know she can't stand me because I don't buy into the "I'm rich so I'm more important than you" thing.

Irritates me to no end. But I still say hello to her with a smile on my face, every time I see her! Grrrrrrr!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships