Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 11:12 AM

454 posts, read 688,910 times

Advertisements

Was it not too long ago that I was talking about how I am better off not hanging out with people? Did I not? Well, last night was a disaster worthy of me re-dumping the friends I already have.

So, one of my guy friends invites me over to hangout with 2 of his girlfriends. Well when I get there, he acts like he forgot his money at home, but yet all his other belongings are there with him.

So from there, we argued briefly because he has already owed me money from a trip out of town that we previously took. And Im like, well if you left your money at home...I'll take you by there to get it. He couldnt find his keys. So then he's promising to pay me back tomorrow, which is today.

Then we arrive at the bar, and the 2 girls are just bored out of their minds...everyone else is dancing, they are just texting. I told one of them, my motto is, "if they arent here at the club, they dont deserve to be getting your text messages". She then gave me a snobby look and rolled her eyes.

Then, the real deal breaker came when we left the bar, one of the girls wanted me to stop by her 'dudes' place. Long story short, they start arguing in the parking lot at 3 am because the guy wants to be alone with his friends and she wants to be with him. Next thing I know, my friend throws her purse into the street because she started being very nasty with everyone.

And thats typical. Always some drunk drama, and friends who always seem to not have money. It just gets to the point where I really dont have nothing to do with them.

The moment my friend said he didnt have any money, I should have said, "ok, well let me go to the car and get my wallet", and then drove the hell off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2010, 11:19 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
I can't deal with all that. I can only afford to put up with crud like that from one person at a time.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:20 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,252,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joei View Post
Was it not too long ago that I was talking about how I am better off not hanging out with people? Did I not? Well, last night was a disaster worthy of me re-dumping the friends I already have.

So, one of my guy friends invites me over to hangout with 2 of his girlfriends. Well when I get there, he acts like he forgot his money at home, but yet all his other belongings are there with him.

So from there, we argued briefly because he has already owed me money from a trip out of town that we previously took. And Im like, well if you left your money at home...I'll take you by there to get it. He couldnt find his keys. So then he's promising to pay me back tomorrow, which is today.

Then we arrive at the bar, and the 2 girls are just bored out of their minds...everyone else is dancing, they are just texting. I told one of them, my motto is, "if they arent here at the club, they dont deserve to be getting your text messages". She then gave me a snobby look and rolled her eyes.

Then, the real deal breaker came when we left the bar, one of the girls wanted me to stop by her 'dudes' place. Long story short, they start arguing in the parking lot at 3 am because the guy wants to be alone with his friends and she wants to be with him. Next thing I know, my friend throws her purse into the street because she started being very nasty with everyone.

And thats typical. Always some drunk drama, and friends who always seem to not have money. It just gets to the point where I really dont have nothing to do with them.

The moment my friend said he didnt have any money, I should have said, "ok, well let me go to the car and get my wallet", and then drove the hell off
All of my friends are great guys except one bad one that used to do that crap all the time to us guys. We all parted ways with him because he did that kind of thing to all of us. He is no longer a friend and all the other ones are. Don't give up the good ones.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:21 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Yup, time to start finding a better quality of friend. Apply a better "filter" when selecting friends and allowing who gets close.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:24 AM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
I agree. NEXT pertaining to friends..

Old 04-11-2010, 11:59 AM

454 posts, read 688,910 times
I dont know why I always run into these type of people. Its been that way since the day I left High School. And Im 22 now.

Its like, the other descent people who are in college and who take care of themselves and go to the gym are no where to be found...or they seem to keep to themselves too. So I end up with dramatic friends who are constantly keeping up a mess.

In fact, last night...I had already made up my mind to go out alone and seek out new friends. Then all of a sudden, this guy calls and invites me over and another friend also messaged me.

Even when I went out, I still chatted with new people who I could...

Old 04-11-2010, 12:09 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Yup, time to start finding a better quality of friend. Apply a better "filter" when selecting friends and allowing who gets close.
"Filter" is a good word for it.

Joei, you're 22, so I'll add that not everyone you run into is going to have the same maturity level. Things are a bit touch-and-go in your age group. I remember how some of my friends were stand-up people, and others still acted like they were barely old enough to vote.

Maybe try doing some volunteer work or joining some clubs or organizations based on your interests. It will put you in contact with people who share your values and idea of a good time--and also people who have found better things to do than create drama.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:11 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,895,713 times
I no longer go to bars or hang out with people who drink on a regular basis. Drama seems to regularly follow alcohol, at least in my experience.

You might want to get an account at meetup.com and do things with people that don't involve alcohol. Life (and people) CAN be interesting without it.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:14 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
bar people are not known for their uplifting support and good moral influence.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:15 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,702,516 times
Two schools of thought...

First, I you should be inspired that Coolhand himself which I personally think is the most brilliant regular REALIST I've seen on C-D replied...I'm GUESSING his thoughts are 1:

1. You're friends are toxic; move on...(his words, not mine, yet I'm unsure if he feels this way in this situation).

2. My opinion....It's a you problem...You're the deal breaker...If you're going to bars, you FAILED to entertain the girls to keep them from texting in the first place...If you want to hang with "party girls" LEARN how to "party" and prevent them from rolling their eyes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships