Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 02:03 PM

1 posts, read 4,910 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! My husband has just received orders to Fort Bragg and I'm looking for advice on the best school system for special needs children. We have a 5-year-old on the high-functioning end of the autism spectrum, and a 3-year-old who has no diagnosed needs but is a pretty late speaker.
Also, what are the safest neighborhoods in the recommended school system? We are looking for a small single-family rental in a nice neighborhood where we won't have to put bars on the windows and buy a guard dog. (to be fair, I have no clue how safe/unsafe the Fort Bragg/Fayetteville area is...people have just been making it their business to tell us crime horror stories since hubby got his orders)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 05:37 PM

1,490 posts, read 5,986,140 times
I just posted some good info about this the other day....

Moving to Fort Bragg Area - Special Ed Questions

Old 06-24-2010, 09:27 PM

983 posts, read 3,988,601 times
I've not read faabala's link, but I do know that a good friend of mine, who is a teacher and also has an autistic son, sends him to College Lakes Elementary because of their special ed program. He's been there since Kindergarten and will be in 4th or 5th grade this year. She's EXTREMELY pleased with their program, and the progress he's made over the years.

It's also very close to Ft. Bragg, as far as proximity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina