Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 10:05 AM

17 posts, read 44,903 times

Advertisements

I have gotten so many great suggestions...but now I am confused....do I go Salem~Winston area or Charlotte area??
Both area's seem high in crime rate and believe it or not alot of registered petifilers ...maybe some suggestions on the out skirts? I looked up Clemmons and Lewisville..doesn't seem to have to many new communities going on. I liked Concord, but the builders there weren't able to option a basement. Checked out Buena Vista in Winston...house small..but did have a basement..buy pricey for the size of home. H~E~L~P
Criteria: Good family community, good schools, low crime and taxes ameneties ++ 4 seasons and close to all. How are is the job situations? Alot of BUGS??? I do like the idea of the mountains. Looking to spend NO more than 300k....anything, place out there for me and my family??

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 10:09 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjsmom View Post

I have gotten so many great suggestions...but now I am confused....do I go Salem~Winston area or Charlotte area??
Both area's seem high in crime rate and believe it or not alot of registered petifilers ...maybe some suggestions on the out skirts? I looked up Clemmons and Lewisville..doesn't seem to have to many new communities going on. I liked Concord, but the builders there weren't able to option a basement. Checked out Buena Vista in Winston...house small..but did have a basement..buy pricey for the size of home. H~E~L~P
Criteria: Good family community, good schools, low crime and taxes ameneties ++ 4 seasons and close to all. How are is the job situations? Alot of BUGS??? I do like the idea of the mountains. Looking to spend NO more than 300k....anything, place out there for me and my family??

Thanks
Do you not need to find a job? Can you really live anywhere?

Old 06-21-2007, 10:25 AM

I am a hairdresser...have both NY/NJ real estate licenses (but don't practice) My husband is a driver/warehouse manager...so yess, I feel we can move anywhere and get jobs fairly easily.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:43 AM

Quote:
I am a hairdresser...have both NY/NJ real estate licenses (but don't practice) My husband is a driver/warehouse manager...so yess, I feel we can move anywhere and get jobs fairly easily.
You are indeed fortunate

Why not look at Taylorsville? It is a very nice little town situated in the Brushy Mountains, which are really just like big hills, but scenic. The schools are good and you would be situated well near enough to areas like Hickory or Statesville when you needed a bigger city. Your husband may have luck with jobs in Wilkesboro, just north of Taylorsville.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:48 AM

Quote:

Thanks

OH, and to answer your question above...There is a huge difference between Charlotte and Winston Salem. Only come to Charlotte if you want to be in a large metro area and don't mind sprawl and congestion. If you desire a smaller city look at Greensboro. But if you like smaller than THAT then look at Winston Salem

Old 06-21-2007, 11:00 AM

72 posts, read 313,911 times
I live in Clemmons and there are tons of new communities going up all over here, there is a guy in this area who helps people from up north and actually now I hear from all over the country to relocate here in this area. He had a hard time relocating here years ago and started a business helping others and saving them thousands of dollars and making it an easy transition. I have heard the Clemmons area is one of the tops in the state for growing and best places to live. You might need this guy cause you are obviously not finding anything researching online. You can find some very nice houses and even brand new homes for 300k in great communities here in this area. You just need someone in the know here with all the connections.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyaninnc View Post
I live in Clemmons and there are tons of new communities going up all over here, there is a guy in this area who helps people from up north and actually now I hear from all over the country to relocate here in this area. He had a hard time relocating here years ago and started a business helping others and saving them thousands of dollars and making it an easy transition. I have heard the Clemmons area is one of the tops in the state for growing and best places to live. You might need this guy cause you are obviously not finding anything researching online. You can find some very nice houses and even brand new homes for 300k in great communities here in this area. You just need someone in the know here with all the connections.
OOOhhh, that's sounds like a name I need Please feel free to send it to me privately...thanks!!!

Old 06-21-2007, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
You are indeed fortunate

Why not look at Taylorsville? It is a very nice little town situated in the Brushy Mountains, which are really just like big hills, but scenic. The schools are good and you would be situated well near enough to areas like Hickory or Statesville when you needed a bigger city. Your husband may have luck with jobs in Wilkesboro, just north of Taylorsville.
I will look into that...although I do think I looked at Taylorsville..or was it Tanglewood or Tannersville....ugh, I am so confused What I need to do is step back, grab a bit and clear my mind...this Google is consuming me
But I will look into those areas you mentioned...they also sound so nice...
Where are you from?

Thanks again lovesmountains!

Old 06-21-2007, 12:42 PM

72 posts, read 313,911 times
Quote:
OOOhhh, that's sounds like a name I need Please feel free to send it to me privately...thanks!!!
If you give me a few days I will get his info, my neighbor from NJ told me about him and introduced me once. From my understanding is he runs ads somewhere up there for people looking to relocate to NC. He gets all your info on what you are looking for and goes around investigating areas taking tons of pictures of communities and homes they may be interested in and sends them via email. This helps them decide on what and where they are going before they come instead of making 2,3,4, or even 5 trips down here till they find what they want. Since people don't know all the places to look and what the areas are really about, he is there to help and fix that part of your relocating. He hooks you up with honest business people here meaning realtors/brokers/builders after you and him find what you want. I remember them telling me he did a lot of the leg work too, my neighbors came here 1 time before moving here and that alone saved them 1000's of dollars, he also gave them leads on jobs, great family doctors, local honest mechanics, and how to get to local areas such as shopping, local eateries, and things to do. This guy is I think in his mid 30's and is not related to any type of reality or brokerage firm, he is actually in the same biz I'm in and that is restaurant management which should make it easy for me to contact him. I think he just had a real bad experience in his relocating transition with people taking him for a ride cause he was an out of stater and he just wanted to make sure nobody else ever had to go through it. People love this guy, he is one of those that people say should run for Mayor. He knows a lot of people and has made a very succesful side biz doing this area of NC.

Just give me a few days and hopefully I can find out how to contact him or even sooner...

I don't remember his charge but I remember my neighbors saying it was way worth it, they found the perfect community, perfect home, got a deal on the home and saved tens of thousands of dollars on that too compared to what realators were sending them online to look into...

Old 06-21-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyaninnc View Post
If you give me a few days I will get his info, my neighbor from NJ told me about him and introduced me once. From my understanding is he runs ads somewhere up there for people looking to relocate to NC. He gets all your info on what you are looking for and goes around investigating areas taking tons of pictures of communities and homes they may be interested in and sends them via email. This helps them decide on what and where they are going before they come instead of making 2,3,4, or even 5 trips down here till they find what they want. Since people don't know all the places to look and what the areas are really about, he is there to help and fix that part of your relocating. He hooks you up with honest business people here meaning realtors/brokers/builders after you and him find what you want. I remember them telling me he did a lot of the leg work too, my neighbors came here 1 time before moving here and that alone saved them 1000's of dollars, he also gave them leads on jobs, great family doctors, local honest mechanics, and how to get to local areas such as shopping, local eateries, and things to do. This guy is I think in his mid 30's and is not related to any type of reality or brokerage firm, he is actually in the same biz I'm in and that is restaurant management which should make it easy for me to contact him. I think he just had a real bad experience in his relocating transition with people taking him for a ride cause he was an out of stater and he just wanted to make sure nobody else ever had to go through it. People love this guy, he is one of those that people say should run for Mayor. He knows a lot of people and has made a very succesful side biz doing this area of NC.

Just give me a few days and hopefully I can find out how to contact him or even sooner...

I don't remember his charge but I remember my neighbors saying it was way worth it, they found the perfect community, perfect home, got a deal on the home and saved tens of thousands of dollars on that too compared to what realators were sending them online to look into...
Thanks so much!! I will be waiting for your post....take your time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina