Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 10:05 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,096,578 times

Advertisements

He's picked the most vile of conservatives. I hope you're all happy.

"BREAKING NEWS: GOV.-ELECT PAT MCCRORY HAS NAMED ART POPE, FINANCIER OF CONSERVATIVE CAUSES, AS HIS DEPUTY BUDGET DIRECTOR. HE ALSO NAMED RALEIGH ATTORNEY KIERAN SHANAHAN AS SECRETARY OF PUBLIC SAFETY."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2012, 10:26 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
There is more,Thomas Stith his appointed chief of staff, was one of three Durham Council who voted NOT extending domestic partner benefits to same-sex partners of city employees.

Only good is appointment for Health Human Resources Dr. Aldona Wos, a former U.S. ambassador to Estonia,
She was doctor and help treat those with AIDS during the time it began in NYC.

Pat McCory was against Charlotte Pride being held in its parks, but as Mayor you really have no power over a demoreactic council. It was moved to Gateway Village, private property then Music Factory property. For last two years it has return to Uptown in the arts district and largest LGBT event in this state.

I could see the GA restricting LGBT parades that are held in over dozen cities in this state.

I feel this state is in a rough ride for next four years.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 12-20-2012 at 03:36 PM..

Old 12-20-2012, 11:09 AM

286 posts, read 653,279 times
Yes, we are in for a rough ride as McCrory cleans up all the crap that Governor Dumplin' and her predecessor left. Cleanup is never as easy at it was to make the mess. I for one look forward to a state government with a lot less waste.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:36 AM

61 posts, read 58,748 times
Ooh I wonder which state properties they'll sell off to the lowest bidder first?

On the plus side at least we now know all that talk about being a moderate was a load of bull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisch View Post
Yes, we are in for a rough ride as McCrory cleans up all the crap that Governor Dumplin' and her predecessor left. Cleanup is never as easy at it was to make the mess. I for one look forward to a state government with a lot less waste.
I hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you followed the budget brouhaha last year you'd know the difference between the General Assembly's and Perdue's budget was less than half a percent. There isn't anything left to cut without running afoul of federal regulations, which in many cases we did anyway.

These people don't run for office to cut waste, they run as a moneymaking scheme to fill their and their buddies' pockets from the state treasury and run off before the yokels rub two brain cells together and figure out they've been robbed blind. If history's any guide, state spending, or waste as some would call it, is actually likely about to go up by a not insignificant amount.

Last edited by Wes Mantooth; 12-20-2012 at 12:00 PM..

Old 12-20-2012, 02:30 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,764,935 times
Vile seems to be a vile word to me.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:58 PM

875 posts, read 1,162,544 times
Quote:
He's picked the most vile of conservatives. I hope you're all happy.
Translation: I think anyone who does not follow my political ideology is evil and I will continue my character assassinations.

Quote:
I feel this state is in a rough ride for next four years.
Translation: I am going to stick rigidly to my preconceived notions about persons who have different political beliefs than I do and if such persons do anything positive for the state I will not acknowledge it.

So much for that "new tone" the President asked us to follow.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:10 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
The Mr. Pope job was a gift to repay one of his benefactors. Common in politics. A no-show job so Mr. Pope can get state Benefits

Old 12-20-2012, 03:13 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,764,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
A no-show job so Mr. Pope can get state Benefits

Are you saying he's going to work from home or not at all?

Old 12-20-2012, 03:22 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Lets see Deputy Budget direct.,my guess he will show up for meetings only.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:42 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,096,578 times
He's bought himself a government spot.

Maybe in four years he can buy himself the title of governor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina