Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: which city and why? what does the other city need to do to get your vote?
Raleigh-Durham 243 42.63%
Charlotte 327 57.37%
Voters: 570. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 05:45 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,440,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
[/i]

I don't get why these city vs city threads get so damn petty, If you are scared of Charlotte or the Triangle then you are sheltered wuss, most people don't feel unsafe in either city.
Because some have never had any economies and they only talk about petty things. These petty things are not drives Charlotte or Raleigh. The Triangle and Charlotte Metro are the economic power house of North Carolina, and they do put out garbage that matters little at the end of the day.

If you sit in as many economies classes as I have, this forum is a poor study.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:50 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh540 View Post
They can't seem to either read or comprehend what they read either. I mind myself having to make the same points over and over. Maybe it's the Charlotte education system, haha

I'm getting a little chuckle out of they're thinking we're same person, the moderators probably are too, haha. Another laugh at Charlotte's expense, poor Charlotte lol
Let's just say the ones who think we are the same person aren't Charlotte's best and brightest. At least I hope they aren't

I've also noticed that charlotte485 keeps mentioning me. In the conversation that you guys are having. Looks like I've gotten under his skin a bit. It actually looks like I'm on his mind almost as much as the urban development fairy

Pitiful!!!!!!

Last edited by Atowwn; 04-20-2015 at 06:23 AM..

Old 04-20-2015, 05:59 AM

When the Panthers, Hornets and Knights play up town, it has a big economic impact of millions of dollars to the business located in Charlotte.

Charlotte Sports Industry Produces $2.1 Billion Economic Impact;Supports More than 23,000 Jobs in Charlotte MSA

In addition, the study concluded a total of 4,704,002 people attended youth, professional, college team games and other sporting events during 2011 in the MSA region. “Where once sports were more widely thought of for recreational or entertainment value, the industry in Charlotte has now firmly established itself as a job-creating economic and tourism engine.” said Connaughton.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...wJZibfMB_POIxQ

What PNC impact is
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...6ACoVxZZoGiXQw

Last edited by CLT1985; 04-20-2015 at 06:11 AM..

Old 04-20-2015, 06:13 AM

Study puts economic impact of NC colleges, universities at $63B
Read more at Study puts economic impact of NC colleges, universities at $63B :: WRAL.com

Old 04-20-2015, 06:30 AM

The Mint Apartment over the Mint Museum will start construction. The tower crane will be erected from April 27 and May 4. Overhead safety protection will be installed between April 16 to May 15.

Now it will be 525 South Church Street Apartments

Old 04-20-2015, 06:46 AM

Good Pictures of downtown Raleigh.
http://raleighskyline.com/

Raleigh Skyline does a great job in photography of Raleigh. Chris Austin has done some great
pictures of Charlotte.

Charlotte 2015

Last edited by CLT1985; 04-20-2015 at 07:16 AM..

Old 04-20-2015, 06:47 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,280,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Let's just say the ones who think we are the same person aren't Charlotte's best and brightest. At least I hope they aren't

I've also noticed that charlotte485 keeps mentioning me. In the conversation that you guys are having. Looks like I've gotten under his skin a bit. It actually looks like I'm on his mind almost as much as the urban development fairy

Pitiful!!!!!!
I graduated from college(s) in the Triad and Triangle....those great schools. And was raised in southeastern NC. I prefer the Triangle to live because it is a slower pace and more down (east) home that I'm accustomed to. The mods already know you are a head case, but hey it's increased forum traffic which is good for biz...waiting on that 3rd reincarnation, lol.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
I graduated from college(s) in the Triad and Triangle....those great schools. And was raised in southeastern NC. I prefer the Triangle to live because it is a slower pace and more down (east) home that I'm accustomed to. The mods already know you are a head case, but hey it's increased forum traffic which is good for biz...waiting on that 3rd reincarnation, lol.
I went to UNCW when it was a 2 year college. I got my BBA in Business in Texas. I am proud of all our colleges and Universities in North Carolina. I hope they do not cut any schools in the UNC system, which is now being looked at.

I think Charlotte and Raleigh has done a good job in tree cover, when you see pictures of their downtowns, there lots of trees.

Old 04-20-2015, 07:05 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,396,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post

Pitiful!!!!!!
Downtown Raleigh's population is 5,000 people. 1/3 of Charlottes. You said earlier it was, what 70, 90,000?

Also, Raleigh lags behind Raleigh in LGBT protections. So much for being so progressive.

Downtown Raleigh has 1/3 the visitors, less than 1/2 the workers, transportation system is a fraction of downtown Charlotte's.

You're free to think downtown Raleigh is better, I'm not going to argue a subject position, but it's smaller.

Also, the Charlotte Area is more than 400,000 people larger than the entire triangle (and I'm pretty sure the triangle is geographically larger). You'd have to add the population of Greensboro and Asheville combined plus more to catch up.

Bigger isn't better at all, so im not sure why you're so obsessed with living in lala land that Raleigh's downtown is just as big. And if you think 400,000 difference is basically the same size, well, Raleighs population is like 450,000 or Durham and Cary combined is less than the population distance in Triangle vs. CLT

Last edited by Charlotte485; 04-20-2015 at 07:25 AM..

Old 04-20-2015, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Where in southeastern NC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina