Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 04:29 PM

674 posts, read 805,087 times

Advertisements

HAHA, no thanks. I have lived in this state longer than you, no advice needed. You are entitled to your opinion, but anyone doing major travel as I do would be irritated as can be at your location, lovely as it is (and it is lovely). I, too, want people to know all the facts which is why we are all here-- to help.

And yes, it was probably smart to remove the realtor thing from your profile because when you offer help as a realtor everyone assumes you are trying to make a sale!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2007, 04:42 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,060,029 times
Well I personally prefer it when the realtors on this forum are honest and forthcoming about their careers & have the realtor icon next to their screen name. We have quite a few realtors in the Triangle section who regularly offer helpful information without a hint of solicitation in their posts. They are worthwhile members of the community.

I think what gets any realtor in trouble on these boards is when they say "contact me for more information" at the end of a post. If you have additional information, just post it. Saying that someone should "contact" you sounds much too much like soliciting.

Old 12-04-2007, 08:02 PM

50 posts, read 239,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
Well I personally prefer it when the realtors on this forum are honest and forthcoming about their careers & have the realtor icon next to their screen name. We have quite a few realtors in the Triangle section who regularly offer helpful information without a hint of solicitation in their posts. They are worthwhile members of the community.

I think what gets any realtor in trouble on these boards is when they say "contact me for more information" at the end of a post. If you have additional information, just post it. Saying that someone should "contact" you sounds much too much like soliciting.
Thanks to you both, and I totally agree with your opinions. In the future I will post diferrently, not appear to solicit. Also thank you for the acknowledgement that REALTORS are worthwhile members of the forum.
Anyway, great news, I am heading back to Southport, NC on Monday from an extended stay in GA. That beach just keeps calling me back, love falling asleep listening to the waves, and oh my lawd, the stars. Ain't misbehavin no moh. Happy Holidaze!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina