Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 10:38 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamReign View Post
Yes yes, I guess we all have our own views, and I'm simply expressing mine,
Expressing views is fine. Insisting that they become law when that law restricts the civil rights of your fellow citizens is not fine.

Old 06-13-2014, 08:24 AM

82 posts, read 110,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Expressing views is fine. Insisting that they become law when that law restricts the civil rights of your fellow citizens is not fine.
It's fine to me a 100% - And I'll say it a million times because it is the truth. And FYI I'm not a Citizen.

Last edited by WilliamReign; 06-13-2014 at 08:38 AM..

Old 06-13-2014, 09:01 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Quote:
It's fine to me a 100% - And I'll say it a million times because it is the truth. And FYI I'm not a Citizen.

So you claim your not a citizen nor a North Carolinian so your opinion is really mute in this thread as it does not effect you.

Actually two dudes or two gals who want to solidify their love in matrimony does not effect anyone but the ones who want to tie the knot.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-13-2014 at 10:39 AM..

Old 06-13-2014, 09:30 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,824,929 times
Quote:
Well at least you can't vote here.

Why did you post in the NC forum anyway? This is not "Great Debates", no matter how much you are trying to make it.

Old 06-13-2014, 10:21 AM

82 posts, read 110,669 times
^ Yeah I guess your right, and this isn't even a argument. I'm posting in this forum because I can, I'm free to do so.
And I've spent 7 years of my life in Eastern NC.
I speak truth, and truth never has to defend itself, but you confused people will always rely on statistics and long drawn out walls of text to rationalize your backwards conflicting belief's. Instead of using your own judgment, and looking at what happening around you, you rely on whatever is popular, all heading in the same direction like good trained sheep's.

Good luck in your twisted society, in which you support.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:19 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,428,139 times
Quote:
^ Yeah I guess your right, and this isn't even a argument. I'm posting in this forum because I can, I'm free to do so.
And I've spent 7 years of my life in Eastern NC.
I speak truth, and truth never has to defend itself, but you confused people will always rely on statistics and long drawn out walls of text to rationalize your backwards conflicting belief's. Instead of using your own judgment, and looking at what happening around you, you rely on whatever is popular, all heading in the same direction like good trained sheep's.

Good luck in your twisted society, in which you support.
Funny - 47 years ago somebody would have used these same words to decry the decision in Loving v. Virginia. Personally I find bigotry much more twisted than a gay couple or a lesbian couple being able to solemnize their relationship.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:19 PM

875 posts, read 1,162,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Gay people have far from equal rights--its' legal to fire someone who is doing an excellent job, simply because they're gay. It's perfectly legal to evict a good tenant simply because they're gay (but not because they're black, or Jewish, or have loud destructive children).
A person can be fired at any time for any reason in a right to work state regardless of sexuality. A person can be evicted by a landlord at any time with sufficient notice regardless of sexuality. Try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
No it isn't. Have you seen some of the responses on this board directed at folks that disagree with gay marriage? Or the responses in the public sphere when someone expresses the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
It is always intriguing to hear people with such primitive views that are relics of another time.
It is only inclusive if you toe the progressive line of groupthink. Now you can get fired, picketed, threatened and lose your business by the thought police actions of the pro-gay marriage crowd. Ask the Mozilla CEO. Doesn't sound very egalitarian or inclusive to me.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 06-13-2014 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: orphan the qupte you replied to isnt available but all your post remains

Old 06-13-2014, 01:43 PM

2,668 posts, read 7,158,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netbrad View Post
A person can be fired at any time for any reason in a right to work state regardless of sexuality. A person can be evicted by a landlord at any time with sufficient notice regardless of sexuality. Try again.

Brad, once again you're wrong. Yes, NC is a right-to-work state, but even here there are several criteria that can't be used to fire someone--race, religion, national origin, and skin color, among a few others. Sexual preference isn't one of them (meaning someone can be fired simply for being gay), as Francois correctly pointed out. Unfortunately that point seemed to sail right over your head.

Old 06-13-2014, 03:21 PM

875 posts, read 1,162,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Brad, once again you're wrong. Yes, NC is a right-to-work state, but even here there are several criteria that can't be used to fire someone--race, religion, national origin, and skin color, among a few others. Sexual preference isn't one of them (meaning someone can be fired simply for being gay), as Francois correctly pointed out. Unfortunately that point seemed to sail right over your head.
The emotional phrasing did not go "over my head". What is it with you and calling people stupid? Here's an interpretation of the reality of the situation:

snopes.com: Fired for Being Gay

People are also fired for being criminals, doing drugs, and other behavior an employer doesn't like. As a private employer it is their right to hire and fire how they see fit. I'm sorry if that isn't the progressive utopian view you are looking for but that is reality.

However if you are a good employee your sexual preference is typically irrelevant (that has been my experience anyway). In my 28 years of working I have observed that bad employees of all stripes tend to fall back on "I was fired because I was <insert group here> instead of owning up to the fact they were crappy employees. With the millions of dollars being spent on diversity in the workplace you would be hard pressed to find someone who was actually fired for being gay. Instead you get fired or lose your business for disagreeing with gay marriage.

Old 06-13-2014, 06:20 PM

2,668 posts, read 7,158,318 times
^ Brad, first of all, I never used the word "stupid", so please don't accuse me falsely. Secondly, your snopes reference merely confirms what we've been trying to tell you all along--gay people in NC can be fired for being gay. There are no exceptions here for government employees or private sector employees, unless they happen to work for a company with an anti-descrimination policy that includes sexual orientation.

Someday maybe even you will come to the realization that being gay is not a choice. It's not like committing a crime or doing drugs; people have a choice in those matters. Sexual attraction is not a choice. It is what it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina