Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 07:05 PM

353 posts, read 604,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'd love to rep you on this, BarLatGo, but I've already done it too many times in the thread about the guy who wants to get a puppy to protect his family but doesn't want to train it.
Thank you (but I don't think the moderator will be giving me any reps )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 08:04 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,366,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarLatGo View Post
Thank you (but I don't think the moderator will be giving me any reps )
Alas, I cannot rep you, either. Guess I did so too recently for one thing or another.

And to to OP ... It's AN ambulance, okay? Geez!!!

Old 10-31-2014, 12:12 PM

62 posts, read 79,377 times
I would think the ambulance has rules about how they drive....meaning if they are actively transporting someone then they get away with a lot more crazy driving. However, there must be rules about active transport such as siren on or ways for services like police to know they are "on duty" versus had a few beers for lunch and can't drive worth a ****. It amazes me in this day and age of all this technology that our most used emergency services have no way of communicating with each other. If we did, then you as an officer would have been able to contact them from a car radio device and see what was going on. Then they can shape up with their driving and do their job right and you know what is going on. Try contacting that ambulance company and see what their policy is for transporting and driving crazy. That may help you with further decisions on proceeding with this.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:16 PM

6,380 posts, read 5,498,068 times
So the OP here hates cops and in an attempt to make cops "look bad"....posted an asinine question about a fake pull-over that he made up. Interesting.

Old 11-02-2014, 11:36 AM

444 posts, read 582,288 times
Default Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Materialsno View Post
So, uhm yeah,
I'm a pretty new police officer (1 year of "service")
So i might be in some deep water for a mistake i made
So, a ambulance who i guess does regular check ups on people was i guess, well, checking up on someone. The ambulance didn't have any lights nor sirens on (probably a red cross ambulance, not sure).
So i was behind the ambulance in my pretty Dodge Charger and the ambulance was at a stop sign making a left turn, the ambulance cuts off a oncoming Audi A8. So i well, hard to say, but i pulled over a ambulance, first time for me, i've been to muggings, bar fights, bomb threats, never pulled over a ambulance before...So i pulled over the ambulance for reckless driving and gave the driver a citation, also a breathalyzer test. A little worried to go back to the police department and say anything about it soooo, i'm asking the state of North Carolina, and not the city of Winstom-Salem on this one.
Kinda had to deal with alot of stuff to be one step away from being a "auxiliary" police officer.
Also: I believe the ambulance went around another corner and turned on his sirens. I think the paramedics got a call during the pull over.
My suggestion is not to fight with these clowns. Their main goal on this site it to attack people.

Listen, I have seen many state vehicles including police officers not following the rules (speeding, no blinker use, cutting through traffic, etc). Maybe they are not subject to the laws we all following. All you have to do is to go youtube and lookup videos on this subject.

I feel as though you did the right thing to pull that idiot over. You were able to see his record. Did he have a history of traffic violation? I wasn't there but I would be surprised if he didn't have at least previous complaints or traffic violations.

I ran into a road rage incident many years ago...I called the number on the side of the truck and when I told the guy on the phone the truck number he went silent...he said I am so sorry, this isn't the first time, and he told me the guy would be fired.

If you did not stop the driver you would have been enabling him to continue his destructive pattern. I consider it disrespect. Good for you! He isn't exempt from the law because he drives an ambulance...unless of course his lights are on.

Just curious, why do you think he cut the person off like that? I see it all the time here with normal cars..was he sorry or did you seriously over react?!?

Old 11-02-2014, 11:42 AM

444 posts, read 582,288 times
Default rrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Materialsno View Post
Whats hard to believe about pulling over a ambulance? lol they are all over youtube.
What about the guy who pulled over a ambulance with a patient inside????? What is soooo hard to believe about pulling over a ambulance for reckless driving, what do you think, they are perfect because they drive for a living?

COP pulls over a Ambulance with a Patient! - Writes a TICKET! - YouTube
Perfect, and if you don't put a stop to their behavior they continue: same guy in trouble again!!
Trooper that Choked an Ambulance Driver and Got to Keep Job, In Hot Water Again | The Free Thought Project

Old 11-03-2014, 05:59 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarLatGo View Post
If you really are a law enforcement officer and your go-to source for advice on how to do your job is random (non-law enforcement) strangers on the internet, maybe you should get into a different line of work.
This pretty much says it all.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:43 AM

401 posts, read 657,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
So the OP here hates cops and in an attempt to make cops "look bad"....posted an asinine question about a fake pull-over that he made up. Interesting.
lol, It seems legit though. Winston-Salem police are actually sort of decent. I like the officer's reaction in this video-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dK1GIQQ-Ho
I don't know if the OP is a real officer or not, doesn't matter, its still a interesting story he/she posted, its like watching operation Repo or Criminal Minds, they may or may not be true, but they are possible.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:56 AM

983 posts, read 3,988,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabinCritter View Post
I would think the ambulance has rules about how they drive....meaning if they are actively transporting someone then they get away with a lot more crazy driving. However, there must be rules about active transport such as siren on or ways for services like police to know they are "on duty" versus had a few beers for lunch and can't drive worth a ****. It amazes me in this day and age of all this technology that our most used emergency services have no way of communicating with each other. If we did, then you as an officer would have been able to contact them from a car radio device and see what was going on. Then they can shape up with their driving and do their job right and you know what is going on. Try contacting that ambulance company and see what their policy is for transporting and driving crazy. That may help you with further decisions on proceeding with this.
There are law and statutes that govern all emergency vehicles. Sometimes, however, you have patients who are insistent that NO lights and sirens are on. If it's a basic transport (meaning something not life threatening) you can do that.

As for communications---if everyone is on 800 mhz radios as they all should be by now (but some districts may not have upgraded yet), then they CAN communicate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina