Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 04:26 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
That's odd--the OP I read says the Republican legislature is the reason our teachers rank dead last.
No it doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Check out the op again. You may have miss understood it. Oh wait yes you have. Mr. Tillis has made the issue worse since 2010.
No misunderstanding at all. The OP thanked Tillis, McCrory & the NC Legislature, presumably for taking corrective action which the study he linked blamed on Beverly Perdue, Tom Tillis, and Mike Easley. Anyone who read the study's methodology would know this.

Looks like praise to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Gee thanks, McCrory, Tillis, and NC Legislature!
Or are you saying the OP posted that link without reading it first? Your choice. LOL

Old 10-02-2014, 07:09 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
Reading comprehension. It is a great thing. LOL. A great line from a book I liked " Consider the source and move on"

Old 10-03-2014, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Reading comprehension. It is a great thing. LOL. A great line from a book I liked " Consider the source and move on"
"Progressive" = Insult the mental capacity of the messenger when you can't logically address the message. This isn't the first time in this topic this kind of response has been made. Of course you want to move on because the story you guys were hoping to spin, blew up in your face.

As I said earlier this topic is a fascinating example of partisan hypocrisy.

Old 10-03-2014, 05:41 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,161,915 times
^ Sorry Waldo, but the logic is all around you, and you've been provided plenty of evidence in this thread that you're dead wrong. Your inability to admit that doesn't make you any less wrong.

Back to the topic, here's a good editorial article from today's Winston-Salem Journal written by Stuart Egan, a popular English teacher at West Forsyth High School (and a favorite teacher of both of my kids). As some of you may know, my wife is also a teacher, and I can tell you that her colleagues all feel the same way--the Republicans have to go if we are ever going to get education in this state back on track.

Old 10-03-2014, 11:25 AM

Quote:
^ Sorry Waldo, but the logic is all around you, and you've been provided plenty of evidence in this thread that you're dead wrong....
Your opinion doesn't count as evidence. It's your opinion.
  • Op Posts an article that claims NC is dead last in teacher rankings.
  • But OP did not realize what data was being used. Automatically assumed GOP = BAD, Democrats = Good.
  • Study covered the 2003-2013 school years.
  • Failure is squarely on the head's of Kay Hagan, Beverly Perdue, Mike Easley who wrote the budgets during this period.
This is what that study said. It's there in black and white. There was no problem with you guys accepting that study as long as you thought it was the GOP's fault. But when it's discovered to have been caused by the policies of the state's now disgraced Democratic party, that acceptance immediately changes to falderal, distractions, insults, anything to keep you from admitting that it was caused by Hagan, Perdue, & Easley.

Political hypocrisy at it's finest.

Old 10-03-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Your opinion doesn't count as evidence. It's your opinion.
  • Op Posts an article that claims NC is dead last in teacher rankings.
  • But OP did not realize what data was being used. Automatically assumed GOP = BAD, Democrats = Good.
  • Study covered the 2003-2013 school years.
  • Because Waldo ignores evidence that shows the decline didn't begin until 2009, he incorrectly thinks thefailure is squarely on the head's of Kay Hagan, Beverly Perdue, Mike Easley who wrote the budgets during this period.
  • After years of Republican-led government, study confirms that NC teachers went from the middle of the pack in 2009 to dead last now.
This is what that study said. It's there in black and white. There was no problem with you guys accepting that study as long as you thought it was the GOP's fault. But when it's discovered to have been caused by the policies of the state's now disgraced Democratic party, that acceptance immediately changes to falderal, distractions, insults, anything to keep you from admitting that it was caused by Hagan, Perdue, & Easley.

Political hypocrisy at it's finest.

You missed a couple of key points. It's okay...I added them for you.

Old 10-03-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
You missed a couple of key points. It's okay...I added them for you.
I didn't miss anything. I stuck to the study posted as Proof of NC's dead last rankings at the hands of Kay Hagan, etc. I didn't post that information, nor did I start this topic. I only pointed out what the study really said.

If you think the study was wrong, then take it up with the OP. If you found something else that you want to talk about, then start a topic. It can't be more simple than that.

( I don't accept your partisan voodoo logic that basically says, it's nobody's fault. )

Old 10-03-2014, 03:17 PM

^ No, the study isn't wrong, and I never said it was. What's wrong is your interpretation that just because it uses data since 2003, the decline must have started then. It didn't start in 2003--it started during the recession in 2009 (after Kay Hagan had already left state government for the US Senate), and continued because the Pubs did not provide raises in the time since then. It can't be more simple than that.

End of discussion for me, as once again you've demonstrated your inability to accept undeniable facts when they're clearly laid out for you. And yet you accuse others of partisan blindness? Pot, meet kettle.

Old 10-03-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
What's wrong is your interpretation that just because it uses data since 2003, the decline must have started then.....
I never said this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina