Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 10:10 AM

12 posts, read 38,341 times

Advertisements

We're looking for a safe town in North Carolina to raise our three daughters with a good middle/high school that aren't dealing with overcrowding issues -is there such a place?

Everyone says Wake/Union counties have good schools, but it seems very overcrowded - are there areas in these counties with schools that aren't so crowded - Wake Forest, Indian Trail, possibly?

What about Clemmons/Lewisville area? Do they have the same school overcrowding?

We really like the Hendersonville area, but seems to be too many sex offenders in this area?

Can anyone offer any advice of where to live in a safe community with good school and not so much overcrowding in the schools and on the roads?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2008, 12:27 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,453,580 times
I don't think it's impossible! There are 100+ school districts in the state. What's your ideal school/class size? As you know, the roads and schools are overcrowded because many people move to NC each year. You may want research areas with small populations and/or little growth.

Map showing Population Growth 2000 to 2006 - In State Demographics paragraph: Click on "estimates of the population of North Carolina counties" then click on the Certified 2006 "Growth Map" at the top of the page.

North Carolina Smaller Cities, Towns, and Villages (between 1000 and 6000 residents)

Old 01-14-2008, 12:33 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,554,600 times
I believe about ALL schools are dealing with over crowding. Just look at the amount of mobile class rooms ALL NC counties have.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 01-14-2008, 03:29 PM

305 posts, read 1,808,859 times
How do you find out how many sex offenders live in your neighborhood or the one you are planning on moving to? I sure would like to find out!

Old 01-15-2008, 07:08 AM

219 posts, read 965,308 times
What area are you looking to move to?
We moved to Taylorsville , in Alexander county. We are north of hickory and West of Winston Salem. The schools are good and the area is great

Melissa

Old 01-15-2008, 08:16 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
I would suggest Wilkes County Schools in the West Wilkes School District. This area gets a lot of teachers that are the spouse's of ASU personnel. ASU started out as a teacher's college. A school in this area would be equal to most private schools in other areas. Just my opinion.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:01 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,103,706 times
I would look at Ashe County over Wilkes County. You'll find a milder climate in Ashe and a great school system. The area is growing, but much of the growth is coming from second home purchases and retirees, so the schools and roads are not really busting at the seams. If you live in the southern part of the county, you'd have easy access to both the Jeffersons and Boone.

From what I've seen in Wilkes County, it seems rather depressed in many areas. I'm sure Lowes moving most of its operations to Mooresville did not help things in Wilkes at all.

Old 01-17-2008, 09:09 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
NC School Report Cards

The website above has report cards for all the schools in North Carolina. This way you can look for yourself and see the quality of the schools in any area. It would be a good idea to check the crime statistics on City-Data also, since you stated that you want a place that is safe.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:01 PM

473 posts, read 701,141 times
Default to Teebopop:

to find sex offenders in any area, do a search for 'find sex offenders' -- a bunch of sites will come up -- you can check by zip code, town name, state, even street!

Be safe!

Old 01-20-2008, 07:50 AM

4,834 posts, read 6,122,294 times
Cool Sex Offender Registry Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebopop View Post
How do you find out how many sex offenders live in your neighborhood or the one you are planning on moving to? I sure would like to find out!
Try this link: -::- Welcome to CriminalCheck.com -::-

Just type in the zip code and a list will pop up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina