Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2015, 04:46 AM

774 posts, read 1,857,712 times

Advertisements

I'm not trying to put Whole Foods out of business, but it strikes me, that being able to buy direct from the farmer helps both the farmer.. and my wallet.

Are the local Farmer's Markets the only places to buy direct from the people who grows the produce...
or are there some farms that allow you to stop buy and select your own?

I may not need a CSA, but I'm even thinking about a subscription if it's worth it. (I don't want to end up with more produce than I can eat.) But anyone know of good CSA's in the Triad or Triangle areas?
[CSA = Community-supported Agriculture]

As the summer harvest ripens, local organic fruit and veggies (beyond what I grow) are a welcomed delight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 08:13 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,844,220 times
You might get better and more responses on the local board for the city in NC you are planning to relocate.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:40 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,382,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
You might get better and more responses on the local board for the city in NC you are planning to relocate.
OP lives in Durham.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:43 AM

The NC Dept. of Agriculture has a listing of pick your own, roadside markets, and CSA's here:

NC Farm Fresh

I can't think of any way to buy direct other than those methods, plus farmers markets. There are many great onesin the Triangle.

Old 05-02-2015, 10:35 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganwriter View Post
I'm not trying to put Whole Foods out of business, but it strikes me, that being able to buy direct from the farmer helps both the farmer.. and my wallet.

Are the local Farmer's Markets the only places to buy direct from the people who grows the produce...
or are there some farms that allow you to stop buy and select your own?

I may not need a CSA, but I'm even thinking about a subscription if it's worth it. (I don't want to end up with more produce than I can eat.) But anyone know of good CSA's in the Triad or Triangle areas?
[CSA = Community-supported Agriculture]

As the summer harvest ripens, local organic fruit and veggies (beyond what I grow) are a welcomed delight.
Pick up whatever "shoppers guide" type publications are in your area. There are 2 in my area & they sometimes mention pick your own farms. Nothing from my area is listed on the state website.

Old 05-02-2015, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Pick up whatever "shoppers guide" type publications are in your area. There are 2 in my area & they sometimes mention pick your own farms. Nothing from my area is listed on the state website.
Several listings for pick our own and roadside stands in Lincoln, Cleveland and Gaston Counties...isn't that your area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: