Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2016, 06:10 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Can a human rights complaint still be filed and acted on?
Is the loss of the right to sue related to money, or there something else that was lost?
Well, I suspect that you're a Canadian, so my recommendation to you is the same as the other person who doesn't live here, & keeps railing on it. Read the bill. It's a big fat gift to Art Pope, North Carolina's version of the Koch brothers.

I'm a female boomer & I'm much more concerned about the bill as a whole than the bathrooms. I know perfectly well that I've been in bathrooms at the same time as the trans women who you're railing about. The idiots in Raleigh are dictating that trans men should go into women's bathrooms. How do you propose that I know the difference between a trans man & a pervert? You want to throw your 95 cents in on this, you tell me how I know the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 06:25 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,819,181 times
Quote:
I have to wonder if parents of 12 year old girls who think they are boys are sending those girls into the boys change room at the swimming pool, or whether parents don't think that's a good idea. I think it's a bad idea, but if this is going to be followed through, that is what should happen.
I'm thinking they are probably wrapping that child in a towel and taking them home to change. Of course, you seem stuck on the fact that every single 12 year old child uses a public pool.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:28 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,492,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
The bathroom portion is only part of the bill. Maybe you think it's cool that everyone in the state lost the right to sue for any form of discrimination in state courts & much more, but I don't & I actually live here.
sb - Here's one the HB2 supporters didn't think of with transgendered females having to use the men's room. What could happen if one of them is attacked in the men's room.

A Gay-Friendly Shooting Club Just Won Big Gun Rights Victory

If that transgendered individual is attacked for "looking female and wearing a dress" in the men's bathroom and pulls out a Glock and empties it into a couple of guys wanting to "have a little fun" with a trans, I can just imagine all of the hootin' and hollerin' that will follow. The transgendered person (with a valid concealed-carry permit) can use that NC defense of "I feared for my life" as a legal justification for the shooting. This person can also say that they were just following the Governor's suggestions. I can see the family members of the recently departed saying on TV that they were good Christian family men ...boo-hoo! Gays and Transgendered with Guns is something Franklin Graham probably gave little thought to! The HB2 bill may well produce some unintended results down the line. Oh, and Maroon 5 just cancelled their concerts for Sept, but you and I are a bit out of that demographic!

Last edited by TheEmissary; 05-20-2016 at 06:42 PM..

Old 05-20-2016, 06:39 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Parents should think carefully before giving children the idea that they can choose gender. Physical and mental health problems associated with attempting to modify gender:

"Objective: Adverse effects of long-term cross-sex hormone administration to transsexuals are not well documented. We assessed mortality rates in transsexual subjects receiving long-term cross-sex hormones.

Design: A cohort study with a median follow-up of 18.5 years at a university gender clinic.

Results: In the male to female group, total mortality was 51% higher than in the general population, mainly from increased mortality rates due to suicide, acquired immunodeficiency syndrome, cardiovascular disease, drug abuse, and unknown cause. No increase was observed in total cancer mortality, but lung and hematological cancer mortality rates were elevated. Current, but not past ethinyl estradiol use was associated with an independent threefold increased risk of cardiovascular death. In female to male transsexuals, total mortality and cause-specific mortality were not significantly different from those of the general population."

Ref: A long-term follow-up study of mortality in transsexuals receiving treatment with cross-sex hormones
EUROPEAN JOURNAL OF ENDOCRINOLOGY
Volume: 164 Issue: 4 Pages: 635-642
DOI: 10.1530/EJE-10-1038
Published: APR 2011

Old 05-20-2016, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Well, I suspect that you're a Canadian, so my recommendation to you is the same as the other person who doesn't live here, & keeps railing on it. Read the bill. It's a big fat gift to Art Pope, North Carolina's version of the Koch brothers.

I'm a female boomer & I'm much more concerned about the bill as a whole than the bathrooms. I know perfectly well that I've been in bathrooms at the same time as the trans women who you're railing about. The idiots in Raleigh are dictating that trans men should go into women's bathrooms. How do you propose that I know the difference between a trans man & a pervert? You want to throw your 95 cents in on this, you tell me how I know the difference.
A trans man wears lipstick?

Old 05-20-2016, 06:45 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times
this editorial was an election year gift for the GOP. i still can't believe that it was written in a major newspaper.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
I'm thinking they are probably wrapping that child in a towel and taking them home to change. Of course, you seem stuck on the fact that every single 12 year old child uses a public pool.
If one 12 year old female child at an indoor public pool is forced to accept a 16 year old male in the change room, that is a problem.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:39 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,210,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmember10000 View Post
Confirms what I suspected, taken totally out of context. Problems only arise in situations where there is already a lack of privacy. Fix the privacy issue and the rest is a non-issue. Besides, nobody in the men's room wants to see other people's penis either.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:43 PM

Quote:
A trans man wears lipstick?
A trans man was born female. A trans woman was born male. They may or may not have the original plumbing. Google image is your friend. You are very free with your opinions. Find out what you're talking about then answer my question.

Old 05-20-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
sb - Here's one the HB2 supporters didn't think of with transgendered females having to use the men's room. What could happen if one of them is attacked in the men's room.

A Gay-Friendly Shooting Club Just Won Big Gun Rights Victory

If that transgendered individual is attacked for "looking female and wearing a dress" in the men's bathroom and pulls out a Glock and empties it into a couple of guys wanting to "have a little fun" with a trans, I can just imagine all of the hootin' and hollerin' that will follow. The transgendered person (with a valid concealed-carry permit) can use that NC defense of "I feared for my life" as a legal justification for the shooting. This person can also say that they were just following the Governor's suggestions. I can see the family members of the recently departed saying on TV that they were good Christian family men ...boo-hoo! Gays and Transgendered with Guns is something Franklin Graham probably gave little thought to! The HB2 bill may well produce some unintended results down the line. Oh, and Maroon 5 just cancelled their concerts for Sept, but you and I are a bit out of that demographic!
Emissary, I'm just so sick of people who don't live here & don't know what the bill has in it & don't know what a trans man is or a trans woman is trying to shout down people who live here & are opposed to the bill. Maybe they can lobby their own politicians to adopt the whole unsavory mess. Then they can enjoy the lack of rights.

You're absolutely right about the possibility of shooting in the bathrooms. I wouldn't blame them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina