Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2016, 12:43 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
If Mecklenburg and Wake didnt lean toward him, Durham definitely wont if anything , it might raise Cooper lead.
It's no surprise that Cooper crushed McCrory in Mecklenburg County, given that McCrory and the GOP never passed up an opportunity to screw over the region every chance they got.

I agree that Durham will likely boost Cooper's lead. I don't think Cooper has anything to be worried about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 12:45 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
I doubt Cooper will be as spineless as McCrory has been, though I agree he'll probably have to give in a little. I don't think the left will be all that disappointed in Cooper. Most people voting for Cooper (including conservatives that were fed up with McCrory) already knew the General Assembly would be a major pain in Cooper's ass. Almost everyone wants McCrory gone, even if it means having a lame duck governor.

The two people (other than McCrory) that REALLY need to be sent packing is Tim Moore and Phil Berger.
The last time that Tim Moore had an opponent, I voted for him because the Democrat was to the right of him.

Old 11-13-2016, 04:52 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,478,077 times
Quote:
It's no surprise that Cooper crushed McCrory in Mecklenburg County, given that McCrory and the GOP never passed up an opportunity to screw over the region every chance they got.

I agree that Durham will likely boost Cooper's lead. I don't think Cooper has anything to be worried about.
There's quite a few reasons why most of Durham county wouldn't vote for McCrory, and HB2 is one of them.

If I were Cooper, I wouldn't be as worried about Durham as I would those provisional ballots.

Old 11-13-2016, 06:45 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,566 times
I'm just wondering what the process is here forward. Both sides have retained lawyers and even set up sites to fund raise for the legal fees now.

Will someone find a discrepancy somewhere and take it to a judge, or even the NC Supreme Court for a decision and maybe throw the votes out? Is that the hope of McCrory?

Old 11-13-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
I'm just wondering what the process is here forward. Both sides have retained lawyers and even set up sites to fund raise for the legal fees now.

Will someone find a discrepancy somewhere and take it to a judge, or even the NC Supreme Court for a decision and maybe throw the votes out? Is that the hope of McCrory?
I saw him come out & announce that the provisional votes would be counted & then he would begin his 2nd 4 year term. It made me think that we can't trust the validity if McCrory wins.

Old 11-13-2016, 07:27 PM

6,379 posts, read 5,495,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
I saw him come out & announce that the provisional votes would be counted & then he would begin his 2nd 4 year term. It made me think that we can't trust the validity if McCrory wins.
This is an especially bold announcement considering provisional ballots tend to favor Democrats.

McCrory is grasping at straws. He lost. He is a one-term governor. He ran and was elected as a moderate and then pandered to the far-right in policy and rhetoric once in office....and it backfired.

Old 11-14-2016, 02:17 AM

7,190 posts, read 6,825,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
The last time that Tim Moore had an opponent, I voted for him because the Democrat was to the right of him.
Wtf?

Old 11-14-2016, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Wtf?
Yup. She was hammering on issues that were to the right of him. The one that I specifically remember was the anti-annexation law that was later passed. The local weekly always publishes a question & answer session before elections. She was anti annexation & he said that it should be left alone unless a city was abusing the then-current law, then address that situation.

Old 11-14-2016, 10:43 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
This is an especially bold announcement considering provisional ballots tend to favor Democrats.

McCrory is grasping at straws. He lost. He is a one-term governor. He ran and was elected as a moderate and then pandered to the far-right in policy and rhetoric once in office....and it backfired.
After he was all whining about how his friends "shunned" him over HB2, you'd think he'd welcome the chance to get out of the Governor's office and redeem himself in the eyes of the people he cares about... which clearly aren't the LGBT folks in NC.

Old 11-14-2016, 11:44 AM

4,605 posts, read 6,427,227 times
He has new bigoted and Alt Right friends now. Maybe he can move to a militia outpost in the boondocks now with his kind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina