Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2008, 05:31 PM

24 posts, read 96,073 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I will be moving to NC in the near future and I want to start a small business in the state. I will be moving to Harnett, Johnson, Wake or Cumberland counties, basically anywhere between RDU and Fayetteville, to provide a geographical context. I am moving to be close to my daughter and am relocating from Maryland.

I am open to all suggestions and am interested in feedback from current residents as to what they view as needs or services that are not being met by current businesses in their areas. What service or needs are full of opportunity, but are not being addressed?

In particular, is there a demand for cleaning services? Commercial or Residential, or both?

If not, what services or businesses are in demand?

Would love to hear from local small business owners and consumers on the small business climate in NC and what I could/should do to fill a need or vacuum that would allow me to support my family in North Carolina as a small business owner.

Thank you....

Last edited by LouieJB; 02-27-2008 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: additions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 12:06 PM

577 posts, read 1,902,175 times
If I were you I would google the yellow pages and go through all the ads. I will say that Raleigh,charlotte,Wilmington,Greensboro, Winston salem, All have thousands of small bussiness going and its not gonna be much different then were you are in Maryland. If its out there we have one here in wake co and its a very competitive enviroment here now with all the transplants looking for work. But ya never know unless ya try, good luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina