Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2008, 07:50 AM

12 posts, read 30,338 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone....
I am considering relocating to North Carolina sometime within the next two months. I have three small children and am looking for a nice family oriented neighborhood that I can raise my family in. I have been seeing a lot of these gated communities with tons of amenities, and I feel like that would definately be something my family would love. My husband is in healthcare so finding employment shouldn't be too difficult. We just simply can't afford to live in New York anymore. I just want an affordable home in a nice town. If anyone has any suggestions as to what cities I should be looking in or any suggestions on a gated community that is affordable, I would really appreciate it. I am very flexible as far as the type of home, I just need to stay in the 150K-200K price range. Thanks everybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 08:23 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,656,730 times
A gated community usually means upper-end homes, so I doubt that you're going to find anything like that in your price range, since you're at the lower end of the median for home prices in NC.

Maybe a realtor out there can offer more ideas, although it would probably help if you could narrow down your geographic area of concern.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:24 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,490,627 times
you might like Ashbury in Mebane. it's not a "gated" community but it is a NEW subdivision with amenities and it's in your pricerange. if you prefer an older community and want to be in Wake county, maybe Cary, Apex, or wake forest will be other towns to look at.
these days the prices are higher than they were a few years ago, so you may have to look further out for brand new construction in your pricerange

Old 04-01-2008, 10:42 AM

149 posts, read 515,626 times
I don't think you'll find a gated community in the Raleigh/Cary areas in your price range. Those usually start at the $400's and go up up up...

You can however find a very nice home in the area- especially if you look outside Wake County. Focus on Franklin, southern granville, and JOhnston counties and you should be able to find a cute home in your range and still be near the medical centers or Raleigh and Durham.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:07 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,121,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalzoo View Post
I don't think you'll find a gated community in the Raleigh/Cary areas in your price range. Those usually start at the $400's and go up up up...

You can however find a very nice home in the area- especially if you look outside Wake County. Focus on Franklin, southern granville, and JOhnston counties and you should be able to find a cute home in your range and still be near the medical centers or Raleigh and Durham.
I agree and wonder if the OP has considered doing a search in Clayton?....Clayton, North Carolina (NC) Detailed Profile - relocation, real estate, travel, jobs, hospitals, schools, crime, news, sex offenders

Old 04-08-2008, 09:31 AM

8 posts, read 21,893 times
I myself am a single mom of 3 and moved to charlotte Dec 2003.
When it comes to raising kids in a warm family christian environment I recommend it 100%. Of course be weary of where you move in Charlotte. (Every city has a ghetto) I like the ballantyne area, South Park, Mint Hill and Matthews. (The price range you listed is in that bracket in Mint Hill and Matthews)
The first two I mentioned are a little expensive but easier when it comes to transportation. Mint Hill and Matthews are smaller towns, transportation is not so great but I like it alot. I live in Mint Hill and its very cozy small town and family restaurants. I have a townhome it was $129 and its a 4 bedroom 2half bathroom. I believe your kids will love it, its open doors and alot safer than NYC. Crime is everywhere you go but at least you dont have to worry about someone on the corner offering them crack. They can ride th ebus and light rail and not worry about getting mugged either. When it comes to adult entertainment or dating... BORING...I havent dated much since I moved to Charlotte, in my experience the men here are small-minded they have this you need me and you owe me attitude, well most not all and almost everyone is married so not much of a selection. If your looking for a nice place to raise your kids this is it, but know this you will have no social life whatsoever other than church. I do like the churches here they have many activities for couples and single parents as well, awesome programs for kids and teens. I recommend it, I know transportation is limited in the South but the city of charlotte is growing and accomadating to this growth so transportation is becoming so much easier. Good luck in your search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina