Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2020, 05:44 PM

372 posts, read 723,186 times

Advertisements

Piedmont Lithium has just received federal approval to continue with their North Carolina lithium mine project, according to a press release from the company.

Piedmont currently owns almost 1,200 acres in western Gaston County, on which they plan to open America’s largest lithium mine to power electric cars and smart grids around the world.

The Piedmont Lithium Project is located within the world-class Carolina Tin-Spodumene Belt (TSB) and along trend to the Hallman Beam and Kings Mountain mines, historically providing most of the western world’s lithium from the 1950s through the 1980s. The TSB has been described as one of the largest lithium regions in the world and is located approximately 25 miles west of Charlotte, North Carolina.

Piedmont hopes to have their feasibility studies completed in 2020 and their mine open by the end of 2021.

https://www.piedmontlithium.com/operations
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2020, 07:30 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,406,988 times
Dont see anything about home many would be employed by such an operation. Parts of this are within 20 mins of me.

Old 01-28-2020, 07:37 PM

2,064 posts, read 1,642,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
Dont see anything about home many would be employed by such an operation. Parts of this are within 20 mins of me.
"More than 100 jobs will be created for both the mine and processing plant, and the future chemical plant would bring the total to more than 300, Phillips said. Donny Hicks, Gaston County’s economic development director, placed a lower estimate on the number of jobs, saying more than 50 employees are expected in initial phases."

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/ne...228475629.html

Old 01-28-2020, 09:32 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,670,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuvakind View Post
Piedmont Lithium has just received federal approval to continue with their North Carolina lithium mine project, according to a press release from the company.

Piedmont currently owns almost 1,200 acres in western Gaston County, on which they plan to open America’s largest lithium mine to power electric cars and smart grids around the world.

The Piedmont Lithium Project is located within the world-class Carolina Tin-Spodumene Belt (TSB) and along trend to the Hallman Beam and Kings Mountain mines, historically providing most of the western world’s lithium from the 1950s through the 1980s. The TSB has been described as one of the largest lithium regions in the world and is located approximately 25 miles west of Charlotte, North Carolina.

Piedmont hopes to have their feasibility studies completed in 2020 and their mine open by the end of 2021.

https://www.piedmontlithium.com/operations
The Foote mine has been shut down for years. They import brine from Brazil, now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina