Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 6,391 times

Advertisements

I am going to jump in on this thread as well. I am originally from the East Bay, Ca. Moving to Fort Bragg. I am in my 20's and moving there for work. I am very excited about the move and trying to find out more about Southern Pines and Sanford. Any suggestions on the best way to look for apartments or small houses for rent. I would be looking for a 2+ bedroom apartment or house.

Also...any suggestions for someone who is moving there not knowing anyone? I really enjoy being outdoors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 03:45 PM

66 posts, read 285,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California004 View Post
I am going to jump in on this thread as well. I am originally from the East Bay, Ca. Moving to Fort Bragg. I am in my 20's and moving there for work. I am very excited about the move and trying to find out more about Southern Pines and Sanford. Any suggestions on the best way to look for apartments or small houses for rent. I would be looking for a 2+ bedroom apartment or house.

Also...any suggestions for someone who is moving there not knowing anyone? I really enjoy being outdoors.
Hi,

For Southern Pines check out the local paper Front section of the Southern Pines Pilot they have events and ads for rentals. Exclusive Rentals are very good ask for Patricia. I would look for something in the village walking distance to Broad St. We live on May St. and New Hampshire and love it.

Southern Pines always has folks walking and doing outside activities, there is a good bike shop that rents bikes and puts together white water rafting trips and 4 tennis courts, basketball are open to the public.

Hope this helped.

Old 06-14-2008, 06:10 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,782,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpnny View Post
check out spring lake--not far from the base and nice -my dtr lived there for a short time . Also a 2nd on sanford
I'd be careful of Spring Lake, if you're talking about the downtown area, it is high crime. The area towards Anderson Creek area of Spring Lake I'd say is ok. Or Deerfield isn't too bad.

Old 06-16-2008, 06:33 PM

42 posts, read 183,159 times
It's almost completely military in Spring Lake. We moved out to Dunn to get away from the base and military folks. It's about a 35 minute commute

Old 06-20-2008, 09:29 PM

1 posts, read 6,311 times
Default Sanford Schools

What can you tell me about Sanford Middle and High Schools? Im relocating with a 7th grader who is very interested in theatre arts. Im looking for a good middle school with a good theatre arts department. Anything in the Fort Bragg area.

Thanks for your help!

Old 06-21-2008, 05:23 PM

223 posts, read 1,065,628 times
There is a very active theatre arts scene in Sanford. There are 3 middle schools in Sanford (East, West and the brand new SanLee). I am most familiar with West Lee and can tell you that the drama dept has productions throughout the year, including plays, musicals and a Madigral dinner. The W.Lee drama teacher also recently started a community youth theatre program. This is in addition to the highly regarded Youth Conservatory that is run by the Temple Theatre, a well known regional theatre here in Sanford.

Both high schools also have productions during the year.

For a small/medium size town, there is a lot of opportunity for people of all ages to be involved in theatre arts.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:36 PM

1 posts, read 6,247 times
Hey I want to know some more about for bragg and some good houses off post for rent. We are wanting to go to bragg and I have the option to go, but I don't want to say yes without more info. If anyone has anygood info for me please let me know ASAP because I have to give them and answer soon.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:09 AM

3 posts, read 12,715 times
My husband is due to PCS to Fort Bragg - June 2009... It seems like a long way to go but it's not the case when you have 4 kiddos, in which 1 is a special needs baby.

We were looking at Hope Mills, which seems to have nice developments like "Fox Meadows." However, my main concern is good schools & safety. I have a child entering 8th grade and another entering 2nd grade during that time next year. I heard Southern Pines is the way to go but I want to make sure that I research all my options before making any decisions.

Any suggestions would be truly appreciated.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:21 PM

27 posts, read 118,273 times
Default Sanford, NC

I live in Sanford, NC which is about a 30-45 minute commute depending on how you drive. You get much more house for your money once you get out of Fayetteville. Sanford is quiet but has everything you need. You can just as easily head up to Apex, Cary and Raliegh then drive down to Fayetteville which is a typical military town. What part of Northern California are you from? I was born and raised in Eureka. We'll be PCSing in December and will have a house to sell. Under your budget. 3br; 2ba, bonusroom, goodsized yard. But your right the heat and humidity is stifling here.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:09 PM

3 posts, read 17,593 times
Default Jumping in with a question, if I may...

We are also PCSing to Fort Bragg in December. We are homeschoolers, so schools districts are not a primary concern. We are looking to rent for a year, possibly two. I have a question about Spring Lake. I know there are some really bad areas, but are there any good areas beside Anderson Creek? I'm specifically wondering about the new homes that are being built in northern Spring Lake in Overhills Creek. Any opinions/thoughts on this area? Thanks, in advance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina