Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2007, 06:47 PM

55 posts, read 123,860 times

Advertisements

Hello All-

I'm constantly reading this forum and find the information you all contribute to be both fascinating and informative. So I have a question for you... between the two areas of Hope Mills and the Pinehurst, Aberdeen, Southern Pines triangle-what would you say were the pros and cons of each? I understand that the Pinehurst -etc area has a greater median age. So I'm asking this from the perspective of a mid-20's, single, working professional female. I'm looking to relocate from MA to a safe community, with the essentials close by (grocery store, restaurants, etc). Ideally, I would like to move to an area that has a decent population of a younger crowd but it's not a requirement. I'd be interested to hear the comparisons of the two areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2007, 07:31 AM

999 posts, read 4,653,458 times
Hope Mills is a small town in Cumberland County, it is completely surrounded by Fayetteville. I lived in Fayetteville, just outside of Hope Mills for 11 mos, just moved away 3 days ago. There was virtually no difference between living in Hope Mills and living in Fayetteville (except taxes). The few times I visited the Pinehurst/Aberdeen/Southern Pines area it appeared to be more upscale, with less to do (some small shops, strip malls, not tons to do, or restaurants, but they did have a Panera, a Harris Teeter--great grocery store--and a Fresh Market, another grocery store). That's not saying there's Tons to do in Fayetteville/Hope Mills either.
Why those two locations? Do you have job options there? Just curious, they really couldn't be much more different, and neither is probably what I'd choose if I were still in my 20s.
If you have any specific questions you can ask and I'll try to answer.
There were a couple of threads regarding these areas, check these out (mostly they mention Fayetteville, but, as I said, Hope Mills is surrounded by it, and was indistinguishable to me.)
http://www.city-data.com/forum/north...lumberton.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/north...-mills-nc.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/north...ille-area.html

Old 07-01-2007, 10:39 AM

55 posts, read 123,860 times
Hello JoanChris-
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your insight and thoughts. The job is actually in Maxton, and from what I've researched there are really no desirable areas to live close to Maxton. Where would you look to live if you were working in Maxton? Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 07-01-2007, 10:58 AM

999 posts, read 4,653,458 times
I think the Aberdeen/Pinehurst area is nicer, but I don't know about what all there is to do there, again, not tons to do in Fayetteville/Hope Mills, but from the looks of it, more than in Aberdeen.
Have you visited the areas? That would probably give you a feel for each, and since they're so different you would surely know where you wanted to be.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:44 PM

3 posts, read 19,265 times
Default Campbell Soup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbour View Post
Hello JoanChris-
Thank you for your reply. I appreciate your insight and thoughts. The job is actually in Maxton, and from what I've researched there are really no desirable areas to live close to Maxton. Where would you look to live if you were working in Maxton? Thanks in advance for your help.
Hello! I've been researching this blog and have found it very helpful. I noticed you mention working in Maxton and assume it's for Campbell's? My husband just started a new job there yesterday and the rest of us are still in Ohio trying to decide where to live there! I'm on the fence between Hope Mills and Southern Pines. Do you mind me asking what you think now that you've been there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina