Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 08:59 PM

7 posts, read 17,887 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking the Mebane area will be heating up... It's just about halfway between Greensboro and RTP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2007, 11:55 PM

1,076 posts, read 3,553,364 times
Why go through the hassels of development when you can buy hold and flip.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:49 AM

29 posts, read 99,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpbeaver View Post
Where would you develop the next subdivision?

What's hot / what's not

Let's talk
Not in North Carolina! It's in danger of becoming just one huge subdivision. We've got out of control growth here. Of course I don't expect land developers to care, when most of 'em look at land they don't see green fields, they see green dollar signs.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:48 PM

1,531 posts, read 7,408,757 times
I wouldn't build a subdivision, period. I'd do urban infill and high-rise condos in the various cities, particularly Raleigh & Durham, but just about any city here that really could use some smart growth.
Bring the type of development NC really needs more of...and stop tearing down forests.

Old 03-03-2007, 02:39 PM

161 posts, read 683,330 times
I am a realtor in Wake County and there is certainly a building boom here. My clients, many relocations, seem to ask for the same thing and are not really finding it. My suggestions would be to develope a community with 1/2 acre lots and homes that are about 2800-3800 sq ft. This is very hard to find here because either they build on .18 or .25 lots with huge homes or 1 acre million dollar homes. I can't see why the developers don't see this market niche.

Old 03-04-2007, 06:35 PM

148 posts, read 611,409 times
Quote:
Where would you develop the next subdivision?

What's hot / what's not

Let's talk
Carteret or Onslow county

Old 03-05-2007, 06:06 AM

12 posts, read 45,083 times
Default Thank you

I want to thank you for all your comments. I am not a developer, but work with developers on business development and building design.

LookingAhead, that is a very good point because that area would be great for everyone in the Triangle and Greensboro.

RaleighRob - I do agree with urban development, but not the high condos. Eveyone in Raleigh keeps putting up high rise condos are 400K - 1 M and who in the world are they targeting. Raleigh is a small wonderful city, I currently live downtown in a house, but nobody is going to pay that price to live in a raleigh condo. If we where in Baltimore, New York, etc. then I could see it. If you want urban development the city needs to actual sell some land they own for a normal price so someone could be town houses or charleston style single family. That would get people downtown knowing they have a little piece of grass.

Everyone that said stop developing the mountains, "I agree with". The mountains should be for camping, hiking, hunting, etc. We have enough land in NC to build everywhere else.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:18 AM

577 posts, read 1,902,175 times
Quote:
I want to thank you for all your comments. I am not a developer, but work with developers on business development and building design.

LookingAhead, that is a very good point because that area would be great for everyone in the Triangle and Greensboro.

RaleighRob - I do agree with urban development, but not the high condos. Eveyone in Raleigh keeps putting up high rise condos are 400K - 1 M and who in the world are they targeting. Raleigh is a small wonderful city, I currently live downtown in a house, but nobody is going to pay that price to live in a raleigh condo. If we where in Baltimore, New York, etc. then I could see it. If you want urban development the city needs to actual sell some land they own for a normal price so someone could be town houses or charleston style single family. That would get people downtown knowing they have a little piece of grass.

Everyone that said stop developing the mountains, "I agree with". The mountains should be for camping, hiking, hunting, etc. We have enough land in NC to build everywhere else.
I disagree with no none willing to pay that 400 and up for downtown condos, they have already presold the new high rise down town for that. This place will be more expensive then other large cities very soon, it is all based on supply and demand and economics, charge what you can get. very central population increase more expensive closer to the center of economy cheaper as you move out.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:48 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,408,757 times
^^The question was "if you were a developer, what would you build", and I said what I'd build....did not say I'd charge ridiculous prices for them like the current developers do!

Old 03-05-2007, 11:05 AM

12 posts, read 45,083 times
Then that makes sense RaleighRob.

I think the North Blount project will be the best of all, because of the location price and variety.

NC man - Not a chance on this city. I've been speaking to individuals in this area about the price of downtown and everyone tells me "Where is downtown Raleigh"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina