Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 02:03 PM

132 posts, read 403,880 times

Advertisements

See, that is the problem. Everyone sees things differently and what works for one person might not work for another. That is why to get basic info these forums might be ok, but you really have to check things out and see for yourself if a certain place is somewhere that you could live. I happen to know 2 families who moved out to Las Vegas (couse these were young couples who don't gamble and have steady jobs) who absolutely love it there and will never leave. They couldn't be happier. And there are tons of people moving here from NY and NJ and I can't for the life of me figure out why, because I'm quite miserable here.

I don't know why one would change his/her mind after reading these forums, though. Unless people really do believe everything they read on the internet. (In which case, I'm dying from a really rare disease, and I need money so give me your bank account numbers please.) I mean I've been there and most of it really isn't as bad as some have made it out to be. But then again it depends on where you are coming from and what you are expecting. That is why I've always said that it is relative to your particular situation. It won't solve all of your problems, but there is some pretty nice scenery to deal with them in. (then again some people think it is ugly down there so go figure). Like my dad always said "go to the bar to do the same thing you were doing at home, but stare at a differet set of walls". You will have the same life, just in a different place.

As far as the original question, no I personally have not waivered at all in my decision. But I'm extremely stubborn. You could all tell me I'm going to die as soon as I cross the state line and I'd still come just to prove you wrong. (a Taurus, can't help it). However, my boyfriend (Aquarius) has gone back and forth and gotten cold feet about the move every day for the past 5 months that we've been planning it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2006, 03:12 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,592,671 times
My only thing is that I see things similar to you Sugar, only I DO understand the reasons that many people want to live here, and many of them are good ones. I just correct the wrong. People like T.S think I'm on here to bash NC and tell everyone that it sucks and don't move here. And on occasion, it does sound like that, and in fact, I have said that straight up to a few people..... "don't move here". Only because the situation they explain they have now, and the problems they think that can be solved by moving here, don't always add up.

Old 06-26-2006, 03:15 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,907,564 times
I said from my original post - the negatives and have not changed my mind and I do see I'm informed point ... I think since this is written, what we ask or say is something interpretted different that what we meant )I've had that problem) whereas spking it is easier to express onesself....

Old 06-26-2006, 03:17 PM

indeed.... and I have some Italian in me so I can't express myself without using my hands in other ways than typing when I'm trying to have a conversation. lol

Old 06-26-2006, 03:18 PM

my husband is 1/2 italian so I know what you mean, i've inherited it by marriage.

Old 06-26-2006, 03:25 PM

oh... then you're kids will have it.... I'm only 1/4. lol

Old 06-26-2006, 03:26 PM

they already do - um, need more words here

Old 06-26-2006, 03:39 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,472,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i'minformed
oh... then you're kids will have it.... I'm only 1/4. lol
I'm full Sicilian, can you beat that?

Old 06-26-2006, 03:40 PM

I think the less we say sometimes the better...

Old 06-26-2006, 03:41 PM

psssh... my Grandmother's parents (otherwise known as my great grandparents lol) were full blown Sicillian. They even had the most ethnic Italian name you can think up.... Randazzo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina