Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 09:02 PM

3 posts, read 15,426 times

Advertisements

We too (Bullhead City, AZ) have been listed and no movement. This is the 4th month and realtor has only shown the house once. We know we listed high, but have also lowered twice. Market just isn't moving at all. I was hoping to be on our way before Fall. Keeping fingers crossed. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2006, 10:03 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,476,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramma gay
We too (Bullhead City, AZ) have been listed and no movement. This is the 4th month and realtor has only shown the house once. We know we listed high, but have also lowered twice. Market just isn't moving at all. I was hoping to be on our way before Fall. Keeping fingers crossed. Good luck.

Where are you headed to in NC?

Old 07-16-2006, 11:05 PM

9 posts, read 29,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy
Well that's one good thing at least 1/2 of our house is packed and ready to go sitting in a POD in storage. I have been bringing boxes home from work, my goal was not to pay for 1 box! I went to Costco and bought packing tape, I think it was 6 or 8 rolls to a pack. They even let me look through there boxes and I pulled a basketfull of ones with lids, those are had to find their since they cut the lids off.
You might check your local craigslist and look under free. I see moving boxes listed there all the time in my local area.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:39 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,835,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsngr
You might check your local craigslist and look under free. I see moving boxes listed there all the time in my local area.
Thanks for the scoop. Actually my work was really nice, when we packed last Sept I asked to get used boxes and they gave me 2 bundles of brand new ones. Then I have been gathering ever since, attic is full of boxes.

Old 07-18-2006, 10:32 AM

3 posts, read 15,426 times
Hubby is from Kannapolis area, but we are looking in the rural areas close to Fayetteville. Retired Military so we want to be closer to base. I am researching Roseboro, Lumberton areas. Any info that may help? Also, I am worried about humidity. This past week we had 122 temperatures and even the pool is luke warm.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:10 AM

13,377 posts, read 27,097,289 times
I have family in Sanford, and have driven through the Clinton/Sampson County area. Roseboro has some charming historic houses.
However, the figures at city-data.com show a poverty rate twice the state average. The agriculture in the area is hog and turkey farms, and growing the grain to feed them. I'd check out the area in person to see if you would be happy there.

Old 06-23-2007, 05:32 PM

758 posts, read 2,289,220 times
momof2boys, you are our heroine--you give us all hope! Congratulations, have a wonderful life in NC!!!

Old 06-23-2007, 07:22 PM

170 posts, read 566,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Parkies View Post
momof2boys, you are our heroine--you give us all hope! Congratulations, have a wonderful life in NC!!!
Thank you!! What an experience this has been! We came in Aug. last year, stayed in a hotel in Matthews for a month while looking around at towns, and the second month we were in a hotel in Cornelius until we found a house, and waited for it to close. - 2 kids, 2 dogs, and a mother to help. All the while driving my kids to school every day in Mooresville from the hotel. Crazy! I tell you, if we could do it, anyone can. We decided on Mooresville, and love it here so much! It is so different from Seattle, and while I do miss certain things, as I think anyone would, there are new things to explore, and learn about, and enjoy. This is a beautiful state, it really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina