Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 05:03 PM

76 posts, read 248,602 times

Advertisements

I'm planning a family vacation to the Theodore Roosevelt National Park - really looking forward to it!

Is there anything else in ND that is really worth the effort to go and see? Warning - I'm picky. I'm still annoyed that I bothered to go to Mitchel, SD to see the "Corn Palace" about 20 yrs ago....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 06:52 PM

394 posts, read 1,169,695 times
Why don't you tell us what kind of attractions you like.

For instance, you could stop in Jamestown and see the Worlds Largest Buffalo, or the National Buffalo Museum.

Jamestown, ND - Travel and Visitor Informaton - Affordable Family Fun - Come Visit!

Old 06-06-2011, 07:12 PM

979 posts, read 3,669,556 times
OnTaMove...if you are planning just to come to Teddy Roosevelt park, visit some of the other attractions in the region like the Black Hills, etc... (just to the south), so you don't feel like it wasn't a total loss...since you are picky. Don't expect to spend a week in Medora, but you should find plenty to do for a couple days. Take in the Medora Musical, PitchFork Fondu, drive the scenic byways and get your camera ready for Buffalo and Mountain sheep, check out all the little shops, and the ND Cowboy hall of fame. I'm sure if you check into the hotel and visit the visitor center, they will make sure you have a good time! Also, depending which way you are coming to ND, if you are driving through Bismarck, a visit to the State Capital and Heritage center (state museum) and Fort Lincoln state park, home to the General and Libby Custer house, Indian mounds, etc... this would take a full day in itself.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:32 AM

Corbay, I just Googled Jamestown, and the Frontier Village looks interesting. Do you really get to ride in a stagecoach? I think that experience alone would be worth the trip!

Old 06-07-2011, 10:16 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,361,001 times
When are you coming? They have the Rendevous at Fort Union June 16th - 19th.

Fort Union Trading Post National Historic Site - Fort Union Rendezvous Headliner (U.S. National Park Service)

Old 06-07-2011, 10:19 AM

431 posts, read 1,606,228 times
Depending on the month, there is the State Fair, Hostfest, and other town festivals.

Old 06-07-2011, 10:42 AM

lisan, unfortunately not this month. Is the Fort interesting in its own right, even when there isn't an event going on?

Old 06-07-2011, 07:43 PM

394 posts, read 1,169,695 times
Yes you can ride in a Stage Coach. There is a charge to do so, but I don't think it is too bad. Also not sure of the operation times / days.

If you are interested in more info send an email to the site I listed above, or give the telephone number a call. The ladys who run the office are great to talk to. Their job is to help tourists coming to our community.

Enjoy your trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota