Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 08:29 PM

477 posts, read 1,506,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastWilson View Post
Broncogirl, that sounds like the old "bait and switch", where they advertise at $12 an hour BUT start you off at $9 per hour. If I would have walked into their office and they told me that is what "their plan was", I would have told that employer what they could do with their application, and I would have walked out.
I know it!!! I feel bad for that lady, but I think she said she just took what she heard back from right away. With her experience she could clean residentials and make more than that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 08:15 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozing View Post
Talking to a bunch of people on the street and all the same situation with no luck with the oil companies. I've stopped applying atm so I can get a CDL permit to increase my odds but im not giving up. One guy working behind the desk gave the best advice about it, dont get discouraged, once you apply just keep showing up and asking about your application. You've got nothing to lose, keep making your face known to them.
That is exactly right. Show up often. Don't be a pest, but make yourself know, always thank them for their time, shake their hands...etc. Be available if they call you at 3 am in the morning. My ex runs a big company there, and I am gonna take credit, because the time they called Him at 4 am, and he turned back over to go back to sleep, after having been laid off for 6 mths.... I gave Him the lecture. Now nearly 30 yrs and He has been a big dog for the last 20. Get those office folks to recognize you, then when the big shots say, Hey who can we call. Your app will be the one they grab off the pile. good luck

Old 03-25-2012, 03:06 PM

155 posts, read 748,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozing View Post
I know, but talking to the desk guy they get a lot of applications like mine with absolutely oil related experience, so I figure if I at least get a permit, it's something that makes the application slightly more attractive.
Well in that case Snoozing, then that plan will not hurt. I do recall member RockfordNativenowSeattle, saying a few times to add a CDL Permit Endorsement to your license.

Good luck to you.

Old 03-25-2012, 03:11 PM

155 posts, read 748,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncogirl View Post
I know it!!! I feel bad for that lady, but I think she said she just took what she heard back from right away. With her experience she could clean residentials and make more than that.
Broncogirl, if that is the case, maybe if you see this lady again, you should tell her that with her experience, she could clean residentials and make more, if she did not already know that.

Old 12-20-2012, 09:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,110 times
Default target

target isnt a bad place to work, and before you base your decision on people that do not know what they are talking about...here are a few facts...they provide all housing and meals, laundry facilities and laundry soap..although the room is small. it is neat, comes with cable and wifi and a flat screen tv..the cafeteria is open 24 hrs and has an open deli and salad bar, with about any drink you would want..all free of charge. there is no alcohol allowed on premise and with housekeeping, you are not a maid..if the floor is picked up, you can vacuum..if they leave personal items out you are not allowed to touch them, so if their room is trashed, its not your problem. not a high paying job for the area, but a good stepping stone..12 hours per day, but i think its 6 weeks on and either 1 or 2 weeks off. you work in teams and you dont work your fingers to the bone.

Old 01-02-2013, 07:26 PM

4 posts, read 16,957 times
Thanks for the insight, me and my two sisters are considering applying w/Target, we are just curious about the starting rate

Old 02-04-2013, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbadour View Post
target isnt a bad place to work, and before you base your decision on people that do not know what they are talking about...here are a few facts...they provide all housing and meals, laundry facilities and laundry soap..although the room is small. it is neat, comes with cable and wifi and a flat screen tv..the cafeteria is open 24 hrs and has an open deli and salad bar, with about any drink you would want..all free of charge. there is no alcohol allowed on premise and with housekeeping, you are not a maid..if the floor is picked up, you can vacuum..if they leave personal items out you are not allowed to touch them, so if their room is trashed, its not your problem. not a high paying job for the area, but a good stepping stone..12 hours per day, but i think its 6 weeks on and either 1 or 2 weeks off. you work in teams and you dont work your fingers to the bone.
Do you have any idea what the starting rate is for entry level jobs w/Target?

Old 02-06-2013, 04:55 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Here is a Target logistics website. Should have all the information you need, including application. Good Luck to you.
Modular Housing , Oil Field Housing , Workforce Housing ? Target Logistics

Old 02-19-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Here is a Target logistics website. Should have all the information you need, including application. Good Luck to you.
Modular Housing , Oil Field Housing , Workforce Housing ? Target Logistics
Yes, I have been on the website but there is no info regarding the starting rate or at least the minimum....thanks for the reply, cheers!

Old 03-28-2013, 02:44 PM

5 posts, read 12,442 times
Does anyone have more information on this company? I applied for several positions a few weeks ago and have not heard a thing. Attempted to contact them and still nothing. Any info on their hiring process would be appreciated. Thank You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota