Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 12:53 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,015,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Do you know anything about Country Estate Apartments - 2134 8th Ave NW- East Grand?
Sorry, I know nothing first hand about any apartments. I've not lived in any apartment complexes in GF or EGF. All I can offer is links, and rumors about some areas if you ask.
Since I live in EGF (though on the south end) I did drive by that area Saturday. Those apartments are now called Arbor Glenn at least that is what is listed as 2134 8th Ave NW and that is what the signs say. It is managed by IMM. The area is very residential with single family homes around it and quiet. Very residential setting....seems good. There are a bit smaller apartments to the south of this complex....listed on IMM as 2030/2100. Those of the row of apartments on the first floor with a row above it type buildings.
But the 2134 address apartments looked well maintained.

Search : IMM Apartments: Over 5,000 apartments for rent

That being the area is residential....while you could walk to Northland you would to cross a 2 line county-city highway....bit busy at times but can be done.

The Century apartments are very close to Northland and could easily walk to Hugos for groceries and also could walk to McDonalds and the local Pamida store as well.

But both are reasonable places. I would hazard to guess Century would have a bit younger crowd and be popular with those who need housing and going to NTC versus the other would be more family oriented.

Dan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 11:16 PM

73 posts, read 175,859 times
Thank you Dan for the information and for checking them out for us. Nice to hear they are all close. I will call tomorrow and see about the cost of rent on them and what their waiting list is etc. My daughter is very quiet and shy so living in a party aprt complex is what is concerning to me as that is not her. I was warned about Brentwood Estates at 401 1 7th St NW. That its a big party complex. NOT what we are looking for. Sigh..I just wish there were dorms. Kids might not like them, but at least you know someone is raising ruckus in the building it will be take care of.

Tammy

Old 04-02-2012, 08:39 PM

Here is the link from Cities Area Transit (serving Grand Forks and EGF). This shows only the East Grand Forks bus route.... There is a bus route pass Northland....then west-east along 20th St NW

Good luck in your search. Northland is mostly a commuter school for around the area. The main campus headquarters is in Thief River Falls...but the EGF one has been growing as well.

Another option if you are concerned is to contact the EGF police dept and check on any apartment complex you are wondering about to see if they have any info. East Grand Forks, MN - Police

East Grand Forks is a pretty small town next to a larger one and is basically an eastern suburb if you will of Grand Forks.

Dan

Old 04-02-2012, 08:41 PM

Here is the EGF bus link

http://www.grandforksgov.com/bus/egfmap.pdf

Old 04-02-2012, 10:41 PM

Thank you Dan for all the information.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:39 PM

9 posts, read 18,601 times
I am moving to the area for college this August. Through my research, I read on multiple sites that the 'Warehouse' apartments are the highest rated apartments in the area. I've read about them on multiple sites, lots of great reviews. They also have underground parking, and reasonable rent.

Welcome To Warehouse Apartments Of Grand Forks

Old 04-26-2012, 06:37 PM

35 posts, read 96,865 times
Absolutely do not rent from Brentwood. I lived there in college and paid big bucks to break my lease just to get out and it was worth it. There is rarely a quiet moment there.
Check with IMM though. They own Brentwood, but they also have a few other complexes in EGF. Arbor Glen, like Dan pointed out. They are pretty nice and decently quiet. They have a few other buildings called Desoto. Again, pretty quiet. Parking is cramped though.
I lived at Century as well. No real complaints. It was a long time ago, but I don't recall any noise/party issues. It is the closest to the tech college. Easy walking distance.

If you haven't already, you can google Elite Management. They have some EGF properties.
May also look up Oxford Realty.. they have some rentals, but I don't recall offhand if they are in Grand Forks or East Grand.

Here I just found this:
http://www.egf.mn/DocumentView.aspx?DID=1079 (broken link)
That should help, if you are still looking

Old 04-27-2012, 12:43 AM

Hi Supreme, Ty for all the advice on apartments in EGF.Thanks for the heads up about Brentwood Estates, as I had her on a waiting list for that place. I drove by that place and did question it but the manager kept telling me how "safe" it was. We have a bit of time yet to find something before next fall so I am not too nervous yet.

Thank you Brittany for the information on Warehouse apartments. I have heard they are full - which is ok as we are trying to keep her on the EGF side for now.

Thanks again...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota