Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2007, 12:35 PM

2,834 posts, read 10,769,198 times

Advertisements

I have seen the tax deals on this neighborhood advertised for some time now. This neighborhood seems like it is still being developed. Has it taken a long time to sell these properties?? If so why?? I would think that with these tax deals they would sell quickly. Does anyone know anything about it, what type of neighborhood it is and where it is near?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2007, 04:51 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,640,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE PA! View Post
I have seen the tax deals on this neighborhood advertised for some time now. This neighborhood seems like it is still being developed. Has it taken a long time to sell these properties?? If so why?? I would think that with these tax deals they would sell quickly. Does anyone know anything about it, what type of neighborhood it is and where it is near?
Thanks
Tripps Park is located in Scranton's "West Side", along Euclid Avenue, which is just off of North Main Avenue near the North Scranton Expressway (Route 307). You are correct in that the neighborhood is still being developed; I believe it I saw on WNEP a couple of years ago that it was stalled out for a while because residents in the existing neighborhood in West Side complained about water runoff issues. It really isn't a "bad" area at all; it may be a bit noisy due to its proximity to the expressway though. It does seem like it takes forever for homes to sell there; I think it's moreso just because the demand for single-family, newer construction homes in the city limits of Scranton, in general, is low---Most in the market for these types of homes want to seek out the upscale Abington Heights/Clarks Summit area where they have more "elbow room" and supposedly "better schools" I think Scranton's schools can compete rather well with Abington Heights if a student applies himself/herself well enough. For example, I'm a product of Pittston Area, which is ranked among the worst public school districts in the area. Nevertheless, myself and many of my friends are going on to become the next "success stories" of the Wyoming Valley. Why? Instead of concentrating on football or drugs, as many in our school did, we had "study parties" and "lab sleepovers." Scranton's schools are actually better than Pittston Area's, according to many rankings, so if so many of us obtained a quality education from Pittston Area, then I'd assume that the same could be said for Scranton.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:26 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,435,845 times
Default Tripps Park

Have to add something about tripps park in scranton.
I know several people, which had their houses build there, and currently still live there. I had heard, that they have the tax break from the city for several years for building/ buying there, and also do they have restrictions and rules, in what they can and can't do with and on the property. For instance, residents are NOT allowed to dry their clothes outside and several other rules and regulations.
I thought, it was a bit odd at first, but, I guess what the city is trying to achive there, is a revival attempt of an upper class housing development. Seems to be working, from what I have heard.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:29 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,625,319 times
Let me clear up the misinformation above, Tripps park is NOT in West scranton, It is a section to itself, The Water runoff problems are in NORTH scranton, {Euclid AVE is in NORTH Scranton} IT was caused by the new KOZ housing development that was built there. Also, The North Scranton expressway is NOT RT. 307 307 is the Morgan Highway in that section of town The properties for sale are not selling because of the assessed values/ property taxes as compared to the existing housing stock elsewhere.. ,new construction was assessed very high and when the KOZ status runs out the people living there are going to be paying 2 to 3 times the rate of homeowners elsewhere in the city.. { Reston, I live in North Scranton}

Old 09-22-2010, 02:32 AM

436 posts, read 954,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnqpublic View Post
Let me clear up the misinformation above, Tripps park is NOT in West scranton, It is a section to itself, The Water runoff problems are in NORTH scranton, {Euclid AVE is in NORTH Scranton} IT was caused by the new KOZ housing development that was built there. Also, The North Scranton expressway is NOT RT. 307 307 is the Morgan Highway in that section of town The properties for sale are not selling because of the assessed values/ property taxes as compared to the existing housing stock elsewhere.. ,new construction was assessed very high and when the KOZ status runs out the people living there are going to be paying 2 to 3 times the rate of homeowners elsewhere in the city.. { Reston, I live in North Scranton}

The North Scranton Expressway is 11 and 307 from Mulberry St. to Keyser Ave. 307 cuts off at the Keyser Ave. exit. Get your facts straight before trying to lecture someone, especially when it is your so-called living place.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:21 AM

1,305 posts, read 2,625,319 times
My facts are quite right for anyone that RESIDES here, while the stretch you reference carries several route # 's the residents of scranton do not designate the N. Scranton Expressway as 307.. to the people who LIVE here when asked where 307 is , will tell you either the Morgan Highway or Moosic St.. Thanks for caring though!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerNation View Post
The North Scranton Expressway is 11 and 307 from Mulberry St. to Keyser Ave. 307 cuts off at the Keyser Ave. exit. Get your facts straight before trying to lecture someone, especially when it is your so-called living place.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:23 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,538,351 times
Please note the date of this OP - January 2007.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania