Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 05:19 PM

1,251 posts, read 3,312,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
Trust me. As a gay man myself, I can safely tell you that Dan and Ed are both confident in their heterosexuality. LOL!
That's great. For both of them. You're the one going down the sexuality road, though. I never brought it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers2008
Thank you Paul. CHS89 can't handle the notion that Dan, you and myself back up everything we say with facts. It doesn't fit when he bashes us.
You tell 'em, Steve-Dave!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2007, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
CHS89 I am not going around and around with you,
...yet here you go again.

Quote:
I never said that I knew the person I said that Iknew who I needed to pm to get the minutes that I wanted or needed. I read my posts and not once did I say that I knew the persons identity.
I've believed you from very beginning, hence the whole taking a "you trust an anonymous person's source and can vouch for them 100% without even knowing them, that's crazy" position. I opined that maybe you did, one time, but I didn't harp on it past that post. I'm still incredulous that a man in your position would have such blind faith in an anonymous intermet message board poster, but it's your reputation, not mine.

Quote:
How did you win this?
I thought it was when you said "great you won your an ass". Your exact words. Isn't that what it says? Are you turning your back on them, now?

Quote:
Why do you feel you need to be the winner?
BFD. I'm not particularly proud of it. I said it was like winning the gold in the Special Olympics. Think about that...

Quote:
What exactly did you win?
The internet! I won the god damned internet, Dan!

Quote:
Never mind just the kid the god damned stuff animal and kllet him go I guess.
In English, next time, please?

Old 08-13-2007, 05:50 PM

32,620 posts, read 77,624,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
Are you going to keep puppydogging him with your Fanboy-like "You tell 'em, Steve Dave?" every time he posts something? That's so sweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
That's great. For both of them. You're the one going down the sexuality road, though. I never brought it up.

I suppose I read too much into that "that's so sweet" comment. I thought you were implying that Ed had a man-crush on Dan or something.

Old 08-13-2007, 06:43 PM

Predictable seemed too, well, predictable.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:50 AM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times
OK guys. Can we all start at square one here and knock off this silly bantering? I'm guilty of it too. Let's start with a clean slate and stop the attacking and just discuss the issues on this forum like adults. What do you say CHS89 and crazies? Can we do it? And I don't have a crush on Dan, I just think what he is doing is honorable and is the right thing. He is a good person who is only trying to help the people in his city.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:43 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,098,909 times
Well here is a another example about the Gatelli ways. Ozzie Quinn is the distraction because he had made a suggestion about getting together with some state groups on School taxes. Here is the article in the rag and then a copy of the e-mail that was sent out.

BY STACY BROWN
STAFF WRITER
08/21/2007
Email to a friendPrinter-friendly
After a single session, City Council President Judy Gatelli has closed her informal budget talks to the public.

“It didn’t work out,” Mrs. Gatelli said Monday, explaining that she believes the Aug. 9 session was not productive.

“We don’t want to be distracted, and some who attended were a distraction,” she said.

Mrs. Gatelli organized the meetings with a committee of several citizens to find ways to pump more money into the local economy and to avoid additional borrowing to help balance the city budget, which she has vowed not to support this year.

The volunteer fact-finding group, which includes Scranton firefighter Don Kirchner, Friendship House Vice President Pat Ackourey, attorney Mike Genello and architect Cheryl Murnin, is not acting in an official capacity.

Mrs. Gatelli, Mr. Ackourey and Mr. Kirchner were at the Aug. 9 session.

“I wanted everyone to have input and invited the public, and I’m not going to expose myself to that kind of behavior,” Mrs. Gatelli said, adding that the meeting fell into the same pattern as City Council’s public-input sessions.

She said the group felt “it would be better to meet without the interference, because we want to accomplish some things. If people want to give input, they can still submit their ideas to me or any other council member.”

The next scheduled meeting is Thursday at a time and place to be determined, Mrs. Gatelli said.

The meetings do not violate any public right-to-know laws because they are informal, they do not involve at least three council members and no legislation is being decided, she said.

Meanwhile, City Controller Roseann Novembrino said the council president’s vow not to allow borrowing should not include tax-anticipation notes.

“We need those to operate the city,” Mrs. Novembrino said. “I told Mrs. Gatelli that those are always a must, as every city relies on TANS, and we have never defaulted on them.”

The stand against borrowing is primarily a position against bank and other conventional financing, not tax-anticipation loans, Mrs. Gatelli said.

Nice right well here is the e-mail from Ozzie

Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 07:55:45 -0700 (PDT)
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more
Subject: AUGUST 12TH "BUDGET COMMITTEE" MEETING . . .DISTRACTION OR REASONABLE INPUT?
To:

FOR THE RECORD:

At Mrs. Gatelli's "budget committee" meeting on 8/12/07, I suggested to Mrs. Gatelli, as the president of City Council, to call a meeting between CC members and our local state legislators. The reason being that there is presently a huge push on by the PA Taxpayers' Coalition Association, 24 state-wide municipalities, which the SLT&CA is a member, to support the end of school property taxes. The state legislature meets this fall to discuss school property taxes. My idea is that if the school property taxes are eliminated, it would give the city taxpayers a relief. Mrs. Gatelli said, that it was not pertinent to her "budget committee" meeting, thus ignored my request. The end of school property taxes, or any relief, is tantamount to finding revenue, because the bottom line is to give city taxpayers' a relief, which I believe should be the mission of the "budget committee". Isn't it? In addition it would save homes and propel some economic development, which we all know is sorely needed in the city.
Also, I requested Mrs. Gatelli to wait until Councilwoman Janet Evans, Financial Chairperson, presented her budget. I believe that Councilwoman Evans' budget might avoid duplication as well as some much needed insight. Mrs. Gatelli replied vehemently, that the "budget committee" was her own committee and Janet Evans could attend if she prefers, however, Mrs. Gatelli would not honor my request.
I am forwarding you a copy of the press release from the PTCA that was published today in numerous newspapers accoss the state. The Scranton Times has not published it to date. We are captive to this city printed media.
I don't believe my input as a taxpayer was "distracting".
Ozzie Quinn, President
SLCT&CA, INC.

Pennsylvania Coalition of Taxpayer Associations
Endorses School Property Tax Elimination Act of 2007
Condemns HB 1600 as Another Act 1 Failure
Sadsbury Township, PA, August 19, 2007 – Pennsylvania taxpayers won’t accept another feeble attempt at property tax reform by the Pennsylvania Legislature. More than two dozen officials of the PCTA’s 21 member taxpayer groups from all across Pennsylvania met in Sadsbury Township, Chester County, on Sunday August 19. The statewide meeting was also attended by several guests, including State Representatives Jim Cox from Berks County and Thomas Quigley from Montgomery County.
A resolution supporting The School Property Tax Elimination Act of 2007 was unanimously passed and signed by all PCTA member groups in attendance as “the only viable and financially sound solution that provides true property tax reform, equitable funding for public schools, and cost control.” The School Property Tax Elimination Act of 2007 is a
bi-partisan effort that will be introduced in the Pennsylvania General Assembly in the fall of 2007. The bill would completely eliminate school property tax as well as other nuisance taxes like school district earned income taxes and per capita taxes. Public schools would be funded by broadening the 6% state sales tax, and a new tax of 3% on clothing and food items with the exception of fresh meats, produce, and dairy products. The PCTA has been following this bill closely for over a year which was previously studied by Fishkind & Associates, and most recently, Economy.com, a subsidiary of Moody’s. Both independent firms found the plan to be financially sound and also likely to spur economic growth in addition to solving the school property tax crisis in Pennsylvania.
At the meeting, member groups also unanimously condemned the recently introduced HB 1600 as more smoke and mirrors. Officials from PCTA member groups will be attending and speaking at hearings on HB 1600. “Like Act 1 and its predecessors, Acts 72 and 50, HB 1600 would offer only token reductions in property taxes while opening up new avenues to tax Pennsylvania citizens without addressing the cause of the current crisis,” said David Baldinger who runs the PTCC, a member group of the PCTA. “Since school property taxes are not eliminated under HB 1600, they will continue to escalate leaving the taxpayer with the same burdensome property tax plus new taxes under HB 1600, without addressing the cost of education, the property tax crisis, or the issue of equitable funding for public schools.”
The PCTA previously took a strong position condemning Act 1 and actively worked to educate the public that it was far from the property tax relief they have been seeking for decades. Ultimately, Act 1 was overwhelmingly rejected by taxpayers at the ballot box in 2007 in almost every district in Pennsylvania. “If Pennsylvania taxpayers still have a bad taste in their mouths from the Legislature’s attempt to fool the public with Act 1, then HB 1600 is going to require an extra strength mouthwash,” said Joel Sears, who runs the York County Taxpayers Council, also a member of the PCTA. “It’s the same concept all over again.”
“Some members traveled close to 300 miles from the western part of the state to attend this important membership meeting, which is a testament to the commitment of our member groups across Pennsylvania,” said Becky Heller, an official from the Patriot’s Voice, a PCTA member group from Luzerne and Columbia counties.
The PTCA urges taxpayers to contact their legislators in support of The Property Tax Elimination Act of 2007 and in opposition to HB 1600. For more information, or to join the PCTA, please visit Pennsylvania Taxpayers Cyber Coalition - PTCC, a member website that is used to promote the mission of the PCTA. The website also contains an independently developed calculator for taxpayers to see how The Property Tax Elimination Act of 2007 will benefit them.

Judy just wants to keep the people out of these meetings , the minute that anyone suggested anything but SHE thought was right, they became a distraction. Who are these people on her committee? What qualifications do any of them have with municipal budgets, Are they remorely qualified to be making these kind of suggestions and are they knowledgable. ARE THEY HELPING OR HURTING US?

Old 08-21-2007, 12:13 PM

3,236 posts, read 6,659,511 times
Typical Judy again. Ozzie's input was distracting? We don't know these people on her committee and they could be leading us down another budget disaster like last year. She's doing this under the guise that's she's trying to do the right thing about the budget, so she doesn't get the same flak from the last budget. Only time will tell what will happen here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania