Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 04:06 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times

Advertisements

....have to be some of the best I have ever seen! A truly beautiful display and a happy, appreciative and safe crowd.

It really doesn't get better than this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 05:56 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,899,256 times
I watched from my bay windows, a beneficial side effect of losing trees in last year's hurricane. They were very nice this year and I saw they still had the smiley faces blasting away.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:11 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
I'm glad to hear it! Due to prior commitments, we were not able to attend last night. We did, however, go to the Wright Township fireworks in Mountain Top. For future reference, they put on a very nice show as well. A few other popular displays are at Mohegan Sun in Plains Township, Trucksville and Kennedy Park in Wilkes-Barre Township.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:09 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,955,064 times
I sat on my son's front porch in W. Wyoming and looked down the street. A gentleman in the neighborhood puts on an amazing display every year. According to on-lookers, this was the best one ever. Since the field where they are set off is obscured by a couple of houses, we couldn't see the ground display, but the aerials were spectacular. And they were non-stop for about 25 minutes. At one point, they stopped and we thought it was over, but after a minute or two, they started right up again.

I have been to Kirby Park in years past and the display is great but getting out after is more than I want to face. Although I miss the Philharmonic concert, it was nice to get up from my chair and go in the house.

Something for everyone. It's a great country, ain't it?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania