Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 02:22 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times

Advertisements

Don't forget that Fall Foliage Weekends continue this weekend in Jim Thorpe!

Jim Thorpe Fall Foliage Festival celebrates the season - Carbon County Living
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 08:11 AM

2,466 posts, read 2,764,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
It will probably look like winter in Albrightsville lol. But Jim Thorpe is always a bit later. Good weather I'm sure will equal a mob scene too!
I'm on 903 between Jim Thorpe and Albrightsville. Trees are hanging on but definitely more on the ground this weekend than last. Not looking forward to the traffic today in JT. I have a lot of running around to do over in Lehighton.

Old 10-13-2013, 05:54 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
I'm on 903 between Jim Thorpe and Albrightsville. Trees are hanging on but definitely more on the ground this weekend than last. Not looking forward to the traffic today in JT. I have a lot of running around to do over in Lehighton.
If you are on 903 you would be better off going down the Maury Road past Penn's Peak and then on to 209 to get to Lehighton. Normally it would be a longer trip but the traffic in JT will be bad for the next couple weekend.

Old 10-14-2013, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
If you are on 903 you would be better off going down the Maury Road past Penn's Peak and then on to 209 to get to Lehighton. Normally it would be a longer trip but the traffic in JT will be bad for the next couple weekend.
That's what we did coming home. Seems everyone else had the sane idea, there were more cars on it than I have saw before. They weren't too happy when we jumped out to move the turtle out of the road. At least three cars were honking at us.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:00 PM

83 posts, read 206,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed hour View Post
They weren't too happy when we jumped out to move the turtle out of the road.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:53 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrwl View Post
While it is great that people care to take the time to help wildlife accross out busy highway; I did witness a three car accident becuse of one squirrel. One woman slamed on her brakes for a squirrel only to be hit by two cars that could not stop.

Many of our deer fatailites are caused by motorist swerving to not hit the deer. Rocks, concrete and trees are many times harder than deer. It isn't that deer themselves cannot be lethal; but those cases are rare compared to the alternatives.

It is great to care; but you have to live to care the next time. Slowing down and even putting on your four-ways is one thing; stopping and getting out of your vehicle could be lethal.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:24 PM

We were at a four way stop sign actually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania