Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:54 AM

4,083 posts, read 9,101,492 times

Advertisements

The more I think about it a "Pep Talk" thread for one individuals hurt feelings in life really is not on topic for the sticky thread or the sub form. Is there a therapy forum? Ask Dr. City-data?

Old 02-14-2008, 10:31 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,558,059 times
I doubt very much there is a therapy forum, because I believe it is illegal to give out counseling advice unless you have the proper credentials. There would be big issues with malpractice, that I think CityData would not involve themselves with. When people are in need of help, they usually seek out counseling and pay for it.

Hat

Old 02-14-2008, 10:39 AM

1,251 posts, read 3,313,546 times
http://blogs.opiumgarden.org/ayvalgame/files/2007/09/lucy-psychiatrist.gif (broken link)

He just hasn't had his daily internet hug in a week is all. I bet his meloncholy will pass in a few days if it hasn't already. You can really almost set a watch to the start of this kind of thread from him. Like I said, I'm really suprised we got one in February, having just had one last month. If he's not the center of attention, his day seems incomplete for some reason....

Old 02-14-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS89 View Post
http://blogs.opiumgarden.org/ayvalgame/files/2007/09/lucy-psychiatrist.gif (broken link)

He just hasn't had his daily internet hug in a week is all. I bet his meloncholy will pass in a few days if it hasn't already. You can really almost set a watch to the start of this kind of thread from him. Like I said, I'm really suprised we got one in February, having just had one last month. If he's not the center of attention, his day seems incomplete for some reason....
Good sense of humor, and by gosh you need it here. I highly recommend a book Paul that I think might help you...........called "Approval Addiction"Overcoming Your Need to Please Everyone.....by Joyce Meyer.
She also wrote Battlefield of the Mind, which is a great book for everyone's shelf. and while I am on a ROLL...................Healthy Selfishness, by Drs' Rachel and Richard Heller, "Getting the LIfe You Deserve Without the Guilt".

Hat

Old 02-14-2008, 11:21 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,673,594 times
I agree with a lot that is said on here. It is all so very true............
The negative, has to exit ......the glass had to be half full, not half empty.
Your a real serious and sensitive man......it comes over in the postings very often.
You have to not let so much bother you.......let things just slip by. There will always be trials in ones life.....the ones you mention are so minor as a whole, you will find that out in time.
People will always steal parking spots.......wherever you are located.
People will not take care of properties.......most places you roam.
Rude people are all over the place........
A guy at the beach blew cigar smoke in my face......Whew, that was bad.......
People will tailgate you anywhere, anyplace......
All these things are such minor simple, let it go type of things........
What I do think is that you are not comfortable in that town. I think you would be one happy camper in a more gay friendly town. Like New Hope.........and Ithica is a fantastic place to live. Take time to go to these places, stay a week or so.........see how it feels. If it feels any more homey to you. Upbeat, more accepting.......fun......positive.
Then make the leap.........
A town is only a town......there are thousands of towns.......find your favorite and live there.
But.........sometimes if a person always dwells on negatives.......if that is in the personality. It is truely possiable that you won't be happy in the new place either.
Be easier on yourself......let things slide.....do all things that make you happy.......leave the unhappiness behind. You mention too many neg's and not the positives.
Live life with a positve outlook, and life goes smoother.
Make a list of places, and things that make you happy.......do them, go there, live in that surrounding. Life is too short to waste it being so unhappy,

Old 02-14-2008, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Your a real serious and sensitive man......it comes over in the postings very often.
You have to not let so much bother you.......let things just slip by. There will always be trials in ones life.....the ones you mention are so minor as a whole, you will find that out in time.
What I do think is that you are not comfortable in that town. I think you would be one happy camper in a more gay friendly town. Like New Hope.........and Ithica is a fantastic place to live. Take time to go to these places, stay a week or so.........see how it feels. If it feels any more homey to you. Upbeat, more accepting.......fun......positive.
A town is only a town......there are thousands of towns.......find your favorite and live there.
But.........sometimes if a person always dwells on negatives.......if that is in the personality. It is truely possiable that you won't be happy in the new place either.
Be easier on yourself......let things slide.....do all things that make you happy.......leave the unhappiness behind. You mention too many neg's and not the positives.
Make a list of places, and things that make you happy.......do them, go there, live in that surrounding. Life is too short to waste it being so unhappy,
Well said, Summering. One must put things into perspectives. People complain about things that don't matter. Go up to a pedatric cancer ward, and see the suffering and they realize what matters in life. You have to pull yourself up by the boot straps and move on.

The Hat

Old 02-14-2008, 11:26 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,673,594 times
Now guys........the cartoon is not really nice...
When you have suffered REAL pain, then the little things are just a fluff......
My first baby girl ,was stillborn, of a perfect weight and " nothing found" out of any cause.
My Mom died while on vacation with us........My sweet mother in law, and a dear young friend died of
Leukemia........,
These........are MAJOR things.......SWB, will only learn by time and as his life goes on.
And with the major things.......even then.......one picks themselves up and continues on with honor and dignity.......he will learn this in time......he is just so young.

Last edited by Summering; 02-14-2008 at 11:34 AM.. Reason: added

Old 02-14-2008, 11:48 AM

I was young once too, but did not find trivial things to complain about. I know some twenty year olds that are more mature and grounded than some fifty year olds. Age is just a number. Yes, he will learn in time, but not if people keep enabling him to feel down and sorry for himself. Paul, you are bright, use your creative mind to rise to the top!

The Hat

Old 02-14-2008, 11:51 AM

2,317 posts, read 5,131,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
This is great advice,thats almost the same what I tried to tell him, you must focus on the positive and not take this forum to heart.As you know I just retired from corrections and how did I get through that... I had a plan and focused on lets see in 20 years I can retire, so in the meantime let me make money and make the best of life, some people don't even have a job to go to.
by my 15th I started planing where me and my family wanted to live that would be a good quality of life and pension friendly...needless to say my plan worked, I have the home in clarks summit, collecting a pension, happy to be in the area, never listening to thise who had no vision or forsight or negative feedback,I stuck to my plan, goals, and my positive attitude, and a lot of praying. Like I tried to say,we all have bad days sometime but let it go and be happy, this life we live is too damn short not to be...

Old 02-14-2008, 12:17 PM

2,940 posts, read 3,970,902 times
I think we need to call:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania