Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 04:23 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmunch250 View Post
Thank you all for your advice and input. We have a lot to think about. I noticed nobody said the names of the communities they talked about , is this not allowed? If it is allowed I would loves some names so I know where to look. Thanks again
Plenty of names have been mentioned in other threads. Many of us are a little gun shy right now. We could recommend or discourage and we could be totally wrong; it is all about your personal preferences. Knowing that you want to commute places the odds against you succeeding; but some do. It is a hard road and a long road that you have chosen. I, like others, would prefer you to sample before you buy. Purchasing a house ties a lot of money up for a very long time. Renting or vacationing and taking a test commute to the City is the best way to see if you will be up to the challenge.

Regardless; best of luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 02:47 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,899,256 times
This link will give you a general idea of the area that has a lot of them. There is also a big one down in Drums called Beech Mountain Lakes.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/p...75.6586418,10z

Old 02-22-2019, 05:29 PM

2,014 posts, read 3,899,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiation Refugee View Post
Beech mountain lakes is one to avoid. You can just tell that by the prices of the properties and the associated fees & taxes. I would never live in another HOA. I live in a POA. Different animal,different state. 120 annual dues, no gate. Same dues for years.
I agree with you 100%. I've never been a fan of the HOAs either, I just figured to point out the options to someone who likes the idea of communities. I think they are overbearing in their control of your own property and you spend a lot of extra money per month for not much in return. I've always given advice here to steer clear.

Old 02-24-2019, 11:37 AM

5,047 posts, read 5,805,176 times
Update on our situation with the citation. I spoke to the dept and they agreed to let me leave the van there. We can't get AAA to pull it out as the inspection is up, and it is stuck in the ice now. So as soon as the weather breaks we will get it pulled out.

So glad I went to the dept and explained the situation.

Old 02-24-2019, 12:10 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
Update on our situation with the citation. I spoke to the dept and they agreed to let me leave the van there. We can't get AAA to pull it out as the inspection is up, and it is stuck in the ice now. So as soon as the weather breaks we will get it pulled out.

So glad I went to the dept and explained the situation.
That's pretty weird of AAA. I'd complain. Are they not pulling it out because it stuck in ice?

Old 02-24-2019, 03:41 PM

1,935 posts, read 3,144,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okaydorothy View Post
We can't get AAA to pull it out as the inspection is up, and it is stuck in the ice now.

I can see their reasoning for not pulling it out is because they're afraid that, being the vehicle is past inspection, you might use it for local running around. And they don't want to be held liable having pulled it out if an accident should occur. Also, pulling it out if something breaks and it can't pass inspection because of that then they feel they could be held liable for that as well. At least that's what I interpret by them refusing to pull it out.

Old 02-25-2019, 05:12 AM

32,940 posts, read 36,369,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWebb View Post
I can see their reasoning for not pulling it out is because they're afraid that, being the vehicle is past inspection, you might use it for local running around. And they don't want to be held liable having pulled it out if an accident should occur. Also, pulling it out if something breaks and it can't pass inspection because of that then they feel they could be held liable for that as well. At least that's what I interpret by them refusing to pull it out.
It can't be inspected until it's driven to an inspection station, so how is that supposed to work? It may be some sort of AAA rule, but it makes no sense to me. Not pulling it out now because it might cause damage is a viable reason.

Okaydorothy, the reason that I said you should complain --in the nicest possible way-- is that they bent a rule for me once after I explained the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania